Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 293031
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    There are no stupid questions! That's just a cable liner, it's not crucial but it protects the inside of the cable guide a little better. It sometimes comes with cable sets, and bike shops will most likely have some on hand.
    Good deal....thanks Dave!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Hi Ritchey Dave,
    I have a Zeta II front wheel. I had an extremely hard time mounting a Conti GP4000s tire on it. I broke multiple tire levers doing it. When I finally got the tire on I realized that I had actually ripped the kevlar bead on the tire and it will no longer sit on the rim. Is this a known issue with this rim? I also noticed that there is a rim strip factory installed even though it's a fully sealed rim bed. Could this be causing any problems? Should the rim strip be there?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Hey Dave!

I've got an old Breakaway Road that I'm considering having repainted. Is there anywhere where I can order official Ritchey replacement decals??

Thanks!
    Andrew

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Would it be possible to get the standover heights for the 53 and 55 cm Richy Road logic frames with whatever wheels you have on them (please include tire size). It might help me figure out my size, and would help me understand fitting better. I asked ritchey customer service last week, but I haven't heard from yet.
    Last edited by seek7; 10-15-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by seek7 View Post
    Would it be possible to get the standover heights for the 53 and 55 cm Richy Road logic frames with whatever wheels you have on them (please include tire size). It might help me figure out my size, and would help me understand fitting better. I asked ritchey customer service last week, but I haven't heard from yet.
    Keep in mind the top tube is slightly sloping so my numbers might vary from someone else's depending on where we're measuring. I measured a couple of our demo bikes, equipped with 23c tires. I measured straight up from the ground, through the middle of the bottom bracket, and got 76cm for the 53 and 78cm for the 55. Hope this helps!
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Hi Dave,

Can you answer a compatibility question for me? My friend has several C260 stems at his shop, and I've been thinking about using Streem II bars when I build up the Road Logic. Will a C260 stem work with Streem II bars? He didn't think they would since you need the slip the C260 on either side of the center bulge and with the aero shape on the Streem II tops the center bulge looks like it is the narrow section.

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Thanks, it helped solidify my decision and now I'm just waiting on the last few parts to finish the build. For those who thought the color was boring, it looks livelier in person. Thanks.

Keep in mind the top tube is slightly sloping so my numbers might vary from someone else's depending on where we're measuring. I measured a couple of our demo bikes, equipped with 23c tires. I measured straight up from the ground, through the middle of the bottom bracket, and got 76cm for the 53 and 78cm for the 55. Hope this helps!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Hey Dave

How about a breakaway road frame in the smaller sizes that uses 650 wheels so it all could fit in a airline checked legit 62" L+W+H case? I work for an airline & have to frequently beg them not to charge me for my 3" too big breakaway case. I realize it would look goofy on larger sizes but I ride a 53 so a tad smaller wheels are no biggie for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Here's a different type of question for you Dave....

When are we going to see some more t-shirts?! The wife is making me clean out old shirts that stand up on their own and replace them. I want one of these!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Ritchey Dave,

Do you know of any plans to make the Neo Classic road bar in carbon? Or will it remain an aluminum bar only?

Thanks,
    Geoff

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by tka View Post
    Hi Dave,

Can you answer a compatibility question for me? My friend has several C260 stems at his shop, and I've been thinking about using Streem II bars when I build up the Road Logic. Will a C260 stem work with Streem II bars? He didn't think they would since you need the slip the C260 on either side of the center bulge and with the aero shape on the Streem II tops the center bulge looks like it is the narrow section.

Thanks!
    It will work. Join the stem to the bars before installing them to your bike. You'll need to slide the stem onto the bars from the front, where the center bulge of the bars tapers, then flip it to the back.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by seemana View Post
    Here's a different type of question for you Dave....

When are we going to see some more t-shirts?! The wife is making me clean out old shirts that stand up on their own and replace them. I want one of these!
    We're working on getting some new stuff. We've teamed up with Cadence on a t-shirt, hoodie, and cycling cap and kit. Check it out.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by bdaghisallo1 View Post
    Ritchey Dave,

Do you know of any plans to make the Neo Classic road bar in carbon? Or will it remain an aluminum bar only?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    It's likely but I haven't heard for sure yet. They're fairly new with us and we usually like to see a good history of sales before we add to a model. That history is good but short at the moment.
    Dave Law

Elmira > Taiwan > Elmira
    Nov 2005
    QBP does not have them yet, they have been delayed. Our website should have them listed in a day or so.
    Sometime in the last few days the website now has a page for the carbon BreakAway!!

By the way, I have only seen it in red and dark grey (black?). Is it a good assumption that there is only one paint scheme?
    2005 Ritchey BreakAway (steel)
    Full Campagnolo compact drivetrain - Chorus 11sp
    (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Proton wheels
    Cateye CC-TR300TW V3
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Gobi saddle and bar tape
    BeBop Pedals

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Sometime in the last few days the website now has a page for the carbon BreakAway!!

By the way, I have only seen it in red and dark grey (black?). Is it a good assumption that there is only one paint scheme?
    The finish is a matte finish over a unidirectional carbon weave, which appears primarily as matte black. This is the only finish we have for this frame at the moment.
    Dave Law

Elmira > Taiwan > Elmira
    Nov 2005
    Interesting. In the photos I've seen, it does appear that there is no gloss to the finish, but none have been close enough to show the carbon weave...
    2005 Ritchey BreakAway (steel)
    Full Campagnolo compact drivetrain - Chorus 11sp
    (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Proton wheels
    Cateye CC-TR300TW V3
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Gobi saddle and bar tape
    BeBop Pedals

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Dave,

Any idea when the carbon Streem II will be available?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleboyco View Post
    Dave,

Any idea when the carbon Streem II will be available?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    We should be getting our first shipment of these in a few weeks. You can preorder them through any authorized Ritchey dealer.
    Dave Law

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 293031