Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 303132
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Hi Dave.

I'm shaving some weight from my Cannondale Six (fork weight: 740 gr). I can buy a brand new Ritchey wcs UD Carbon fork 2012 edition. Is there a difference between the 2012 and 2015 forks?

And....can you determin the production year? 1.1/8/45mm rake, weight: around 296 gr, made in Taiwan. Box says copyright 2008 Ritchey. Serial/barcode: PRD 12668/10151.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015

WCS Carbon Cross Fork Disc

Hey Dave,

With the integrated crown race on the WCS CC fork, is there a preferred way to set that up in a 44mm head tube? Does Ritchey have a headset that will work for that?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Dear Dave, sorry for my bad english... not native english speaking ;-)
    I wonder if you can help me out with an information regarding the frame. We are a german cycling related podcast (Velohome | Der Podcast rund ums Fahrrad, unserem liebsten Sportgerät und schönstem Hobby.) and are thinking about making a long term test about this steel frame. Can you help me out with contact details from a german/european sales representative to get in touch regarding this request? Thanks in advance.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by catchi View Post
    Hi Dave.

I'm shaving some weight from my Cannondale Six (fork weight: 740 gr). I can buy a brand new Ritchey wcs UD Carbon fork 2012 edition. Is there a difference between the 2012 and 2015 forks?

And....can you determin the production year? 1.1/8/45mm rake, weight: around 296 gr, made in Taiwan. Box says copyright 2008 Ritchey. Serial/barcode: PRD 12668/10151.
    The 2012 and 2015 forks are the same. There's no way to determine the production year. Sorry for the late response.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by dzink View Post
    Hey Dave,

With the integrated crown race on the WCS CC fork, is there a preferred way to set that up in a 44mm head tube? Does Ritchey have a headset that will work for that?
    Just make sure your using a headset with a 45 degree bottom bearing. It's pretty standard so you shouldn't have any problems locating one. Pretty much all our 1 1/8" sealed bearing headsets will work with it.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Hi Dave,
    Just wondering who I can buy a Ritchey frame from in Canada (Southern Ontario to be exact)
    Is it any shop with a Live To Play Sports account or does it have to be specific shop?
    There are no local shops popping up on the Ritchey Dealer locator in Ontario. Could be me though
    Would you be able to send a list of shops in the Toronto and surrounding area?
    Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    ritchey_dave -

I have a question on the seat posts.

I'm looking at purchasing either the Superlogic Carbon Link Flexlogic or the Superlogic Carbon 1-bolt seat post with the idea of replacing a Fizik Cyrano Aluminum post. I really, really like the adjustment method of the Fizik post.

This is for a new build of a bike with a custom stainless frame. I'm wondering about the relative compliance between the Flexlogic, the Superlogic 1 bolt and the Alloy post.

For convenience, I think I'd prefer the 1 bolt design. The clamp looks substantial and should hold well. I'm not a light rider but about 200lb or so. Can you provide any guidance to help me make this decision? Are these posts applicable for my use and for the bike I'm building?

J.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
    ritchey_dave -

I have a question on the seat posts.

I'm looking at purchasing either the Superlogic Carbon Link Flexlogic or the Superlogic Carbon 1-bolt seat post with the idea of replacing a Fizik Cyrano Aluminum post. I really, really like the adjustment method of the Fizik post.

This is for a new build of a bike with a custom stainless frame. I'm wondering about the relative compliance between the Flexlogic, the Superlogic 1 bolt and the Alloy post.

For convenience, I think I'd prefer the 1 bolt design. The clamp looks substantial and should hold well. I'm not a light rider but about 200lb or so. Can you provide any guidance to help me make this decision? Are these posts applicable for my use and for the bike I'm building?

J.
    If compliance is the name of your game, you'll want to go with the Link. It uses our new Flexlogic carbon layup which allows the seatpost to flex in the right ways to absorb road chatter. The 1 Bolt is all about weight savings and easy adjustability. None of our products have weight limitations, so ride with confidence.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Sit tight. We were supposed to get some any day now, but there's been a minor delay. They should be available within a few months.

These disk only new WCS forks out yet? What is the best tire clearance, biggest size tire I mean.?

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Blatte is our new finish featured on most of our 2015 line of components. It replaces in large part BB (ball burnish) Black. They're both a matte black and look fine when mixed with together. They differ in that Blatte has a much smoother texture than BB Black, giving it a slightly more refined look a small reduction in wind reduction.
    Is the 'blatte' a coating or just aluminum that has omitted the ball burnish step? I have a habit of corroding through handlebars and curious to know if blatte offers additional protection over anodizing.

Thanks

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by robt57 View Post
    These disk only new WCS forks out yet? What is the best tire clearance, biggest size tire I mean.?

Thanks
    Largest I've seen is a 40c tire on there but there was a ton of clearance left, so likely more but we haven't explored it.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWarner View Post
    Is the 'blatte' a coating or just aluminum that has omitted the ball burnish step? I have a habit of corroding through handlebars and curious to know if blatte offers additional protection over anodizing.

Thanks
    Blatte is a coating. Not sure if it's any more protective as we haven't tested it in those circumstances to see. That being said, it's been over a year since we introduced the finish and I haven't yet seen any come back from sweat corrosion. It definitely wouldn't be any less resistant.
    Dave Law

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 303132