Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 323334
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    Great to see smartly spec'd complete bikes listed on the Ritchey website! Love how the Timberwolf MTB comes with a mix of SRAM drivetrain and Shimano brakes. Someone put a lot of thought into getting the right mix of components instead shaving costs to hit customary pricepoints.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ofcounsel View Post
    Can you tell me the external width of the Apex 38 Carbon Disc rim? I understand the internal width is 18.7mm, but wondering about the external width as well. Thanks!
    Outer width is 26mm.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ceugene View Post
    Great to see smartly spec'd complete bikes listed on the Ritchey website! Love how the Timberwolf MTB comes with a mix of SRAM drivetrain and Shimano brakes. Someone put a lot of thought into getting the right mix of components instead shaving costs to hit customary pricepoints.
    Thanks! Yes, we did put a lot of thought into the spec on these guys, and I'm glad that you recognized it.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Outer width is 26mm.
    Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    thanks, yes they are great... now only waiting for the logic frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Help requested w/ a Breakaway Cross and Avid Shorty Ultimates: I've had my Breakaway for 4 years and love it but have never packed it and traveled with it. I'm taking my first trip next week and am prepping. The Ritchey videos show a road model with the young lady removing the front brake caliper to pack. I can't easily do this with an Ultimate. Do you think I pack the handlebars still attached to the front brake levers? Has anyone else tried this? Any suggestions? I really do not want to take off the right brake caliper and have to deal with readjusting it while away. Help please.
    Tan Tunador
    www.TanTunador.com

2015 Gunnar Roadie
    2011 Ritchey Cross Breakaway
    2008 Seven Axiom
    2009 Surly Long Haul Trucker
    2005 Gary Fisher Triton

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Dave-
    I'm trying to replace the bearings on a set of DS Pro's but I can't seem to get the NDS dust cap off. It appears to be a Zero V1 hub without set screws. Any suggestions on getting it off?
    Ritchey Rep here to answer all your questions!-img_2864.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Does Ritchey sell touch up paint for their frames? I have an orange and gray Breakaway Cross, and the orange color is difficult to match with hobby paints.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by tarwheel2 View Post
    Does Ritchey sell touch up paint for their frames? I have an orange and gray Breakaway Cross, and the orange color is difficult to match with hobby paints.
    Unfortunately, we no longer have any touch up paint for that version. Hobby paint is what I'd say is your best bet.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Does Ritchey have or plan to make a breakaway CX frame that will allow for disc brakes? I would love a titanium one!

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by brownnugen View Post
    Does Ritchey have or plan to make a breakaway CX frame that will allow for disc brakes? I would love a titanium one!
    Not titanium, but we did just introduce the Breakaway Ascent .
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Not titanium, but we did just introduce the Breakaway Ascent .
    Thanks, I tried to find more details about the Ascent, but I guess it is so new, there isn't too much information out there yet. So I have a few questions:
    1) Does it take thru axles or QR?
    2) Would it be possible to use hydraulic brakes?
    3) Can it take Di2 groupset?
    4) What is the offset of the rear spacing?
    5) What is the weight of the frameset?
    6) I know this will vary depending on components used, but what do you estimate a fully built Ascent would weight?
    7) Do you have any pictures of an Ascent broken down, packed in a box?
    8) What is the biggest size tires that will fit with fenders?

Ritchey Design Rep
    1) Does it take thru axles or QR?
    QR

2) Would it be possible to use hydraulic brakes?
    In order for you to be able to separate the cables to take apart the frame, we went mechanical routing.

3) Can it take Di2 groupset?
    Yes

4) What is the offset of the rear spacing?
    135mm

5) What is the weight of the frameset?
    roughly 6.75 lbs with fork

6) I know this will vary depending on components used, but what do you estimate a fully built Ascent would weight?
    Very hard to say, especially given the versatility of this frame and what you set it up with. We've had people set it up as a full on mountain bike, racked up touring bike, or a lighter weight cross bike.

7) Do you have any pictures of an Ascent broken down, packed in a box?
    No, but if you search online there are plenty of pictures of the other two versions broken down and packed. It's pretty much the same.

8) What is the biggest size tires that will fit with fenders?
    Also depends, you can use 650B wheels and tires, or 700c. I had some Clement USH 700x35 tires and fenders on mine, and there was plenty of room still.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Dave, if you used something like the Speed Lock Hose from Formula , would that allow me to use hydraulic brakes? Or are you saying that the hydraulic lines would not physically fit on the frame? Sorry, I am kind of a newbie.

Also, I thought I read that the Ritchey travel cases are bigger than the 62" allowed by the airlines as regular luggage. Is this true or have the cases been redesigned and this is no longer an issue?
    Last edited by brownnugen; 03-05-2016 at 05:16 AM.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by brownnugen View Post
    Dave, if you used something like the Speed Lock Hose from Formula , would that allow me to use hydraulic brakes? Or are you saying that the hydraulic lines would not physically fit on the frame? Sorry, I am kind of a newbie.

Also, I thought I read that the Ritchey travel cases are bigger than the 62" allowed by the airlines as regular luggage. Is this true or have the cases been redesigned and this is no longer an issue?
    You could but you might need to MacGyver it a little. There are cable stops on the chainstay just before the rear brake that you'd need to bypass. Not the end of the world, but not exactly super smooth looking either.

The cases are a hair over the maximum cubic allowance for most airlines. We've tried to reduce the case size to meet this but it wouldn't be ideal, mostly because of the ease of assembly and disassembly would be effected. That being said, it is rarely called on by airlines. Search the internet and you will find most Breakaway users confirm this. I travel many times a year, and bring my Breakaway with me on most my trips, and in the fives years since I had mine, have never been charged for over sized luggage. However it's worth knowing the situation.
    Dave Law

DHG
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2016
    Hi,
    I am about to order a Ritchey Logic Road frame.
    I understand you typically do not provide sizing advice, but would appreciate some guidance....
    I am 176 cm tall and 79 cm inseam.

My current bike is a size 51 Orbea Orca. Stack is a bit low but I can sort with 2/3 cm of spacers.

The Logic frame sizes 51 and 53 have the same reach (1 mm difference). Stack is different, but can handle both (spacer or inverting stem).

I rather the nimbleness of size 51 frame. My question is if you think I will have too much seat post sticking out or is 51 OK?

thanks!

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DHG View Post
    Hi,
    I rather the nimbleness of size 51 frame. My question is if you think I will have too much seat post sticking out or is 51 OK?
    You should be fine with a 51cm.
    Dave Law

DHG
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2016
    You should be fine with a 51cm.
    Thanks! That was fast.
    Frame will be completed with zipp 202/Dugast Strada Tubulars and DA group. Will post picture!! And thanks again for the prompt response.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just gotta say that I love my Breakaway Cross! It is such a fun bike to ride, on roads as well as trails.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hey Nyk, couple of questions regarding the Breakaway series of bikes

How big of tires can the Ritchey BreakAway Road Ti accommodate?

Where can I find geometry information for the BreakAway Road TI or the BreakAway Cross Ti?

Since the titanium models are not listed on the ritcheylogic site, are they technically discontinued and everyone sells new old stock?

Thanks.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jason124 View Post
    Hey Nyk, couple of questions regarding the Breakaway series of bikes

How big of tires can the Ritchey BreakAway Road Ti accommodate?

Where can I find geometry information for the BreakAway Road TI or the BreakAway Cross Ti?

Since the titanium models are not listed on the ritcheylogic site, are they technically discontinued and everyone sells new old stock?

Thanks.
    I wouldn't try and put more than a 25c (depending on the brand) into the Road Ti Breakaway. I've seen people push that, but then you risk rubbing the fork crown or having some debris get lodged in the frame. We have discontinued all of our titanium models. I don't have any digital info on the frames. Anyone selling our Ti models should have that information.
    Cheers.
    Nyk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Guy View Post
    I wouldn't try and put more than a 25c (depending on the brand) into the Road Ti Breakaway. I've seen people push that, but then you risk rubbing the fork crown or having some debris get lodged in the frame. We have discontinued all of our titanium models. I don't have any digital info on the frames. Anyone selling our Ti models should have that information.
    Cheers.
    Nyk,

Thanks for checking in. I will proceed with researching in the new direction provided.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 323334