Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 333435
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
    Have a question for the @Ritchey_Guy - I have a WCS Flexlogic seat post. Is there a max torque spec in NM for the seat bolt? I have a custom steel frame, and I'm having problems with the seat post slipping even when I apply the fiber goop to prevent slippage. I'm wondering how hard I can torque down the seatbolt to prevent slipping - some of this need for tightness is the frame and the recessed bolt, but I'd like to know the spec on the seat post too just to be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We don't have one hard and fast spec because of all the variables (frame material, post material, etc) however I wouldn't go above 5/6nm on a carbon post or 6/7nm for an alloy post. I would also make sure the diameter of the seat tube is correct.
    Also, yeah, make sure you use a generous amount of fiber grip.
    Cheers
    Nyk
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    "Any suggestions for preventing the cable connector from rattling against the top tube on my Ritchey Breakaway Cross? The cable connector rattles every time I go over a rough surface and it could get quite annoying on a bumpy road or trail. The connector has a black rubberized band around one end of it, but it is not enough to prevent the rattling. I have temporarily surrounded it with electrical tape and a rubber spacer to see if that helps."

The previous quote was posted a while back and I too have had problems with the cable connectors rattling. I find that the rubber rings that came with the bike are not sufficient in preventing rattling. I found some larger rubber o-rings at Home Depot in the Plumbing Dept. for $2.29 (for 10 0-rings). They work great. They are larger and the brake o-ring rubs the frame, but I have Frame Saver tape (awesome stuff - buy at ColoradoCyclist.com) so my paint is protected. Hope this helps!

Ritchey Rep here to answer all your questions!-grommet2.jpgRitchey Rep here to answer all your questions!-grommet1.jpgRitchey Rep here to answer all your questions!-o-rings2-large-.jpg
    Last edited by burgrat; 06-01-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Cathedral City, CA
    Nov 2005
    This message comes back for all 3 of your attachments:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    2016 Ritchey BreakAway (carbon)
    Full Campagnolo drivetrain - Chorus 11sp (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Zonda wheels
    Lezyne Super GPS w/Cateye speed/cadence & HR sensors
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Arione VSX saddle
    Cinelli bar tape

BeBop Pedals

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    This message comes back for all 3 of your attachments:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    I fixed it. Thanks!

Jedi Master
    Aug 2006
    Will the break-away steel be seeing updates anytime soon? Maybe the integrated headset, new colors?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I would love to re-paint my stem and seat post to color match my charcoal road logic - anyone know the PPG code or similar?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Try contacting D & D Cycles. Rick paints Ritchey frames.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Hello mr ritchey rep sir, boss.
    hello from France.

have a few questions for you if I may?.
    I have no dealers near me so I need your advice, as I pick your brain.

Firstly I'm looking at the road logic, but need a little help with sizing.
    going by the geometry i would err for the 55 because of the reach & stack which are going to be the most important factors but I will inlucde my self done fit measurements below anyway from bikefitcalculator.
    Inseam = 841mm
    trunk = 693mm
    foearm = 385mm
    arm = 695mm
    thigh = 610mm
    lower leg= 555mm
    sternal notch = 147mm
    height = 1790mm

Would you agree on the 55?

I currently run a 1 size to big 20 year old aluminium cannondale caad3. Reach and stack are 410 reach and about 575 stack but with spacers it's been changed to a about 615 stack. Height is nice but reach is too long.

secondly, the stack for the 55 is 568mm
    i can add 20mm of spacers but " With the headset on top what would that measurement be bought up to before spacers?."
    Ultimately I'm looking for a stack/ total bar height of about 600mm + for as much if a relaxed geometry as possible without the spacers being too much, but I also don't want to hit my knees riding out of the saddle.

Thirdly, I'm looking to put sram force 22 compact groupset with a 11/32 on the rear.
    any know problems for the sram setup?

fourthly, 28mm tyres is the maximum the front fork or rear triangle will take?
    I run Vredestein's, but am looking at some Reynolds stratus pro wheels.

5, any idea of comparisons to go by.
    ritchey road logic new vs my 20 year aluminium frame?
    I want more comfort but I love climbing the hills.
    i reckon I could get the build to around 8.2kg with what I have.

and lastly, i hope not but in the event of an accident I take it the frame could be repaired by a bike builder?.

sorry for the long message.
    thanks
    hope to hear from you soon.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by velo73 View Post
    Hello mr ritchey rep sir, boss.
    hello from France.

have a few questions for you if I may?.
    I have no dealers near me so I need your advice, as I pick your brain.

Firstly I'm looking at the road logic, but need a little help with sizing.
    going by the geometry i would err for the 55 because of the reach & stack which are going to be the most important factors but I will inlucde my self done fit measurements below anyway from bikefitcalculator.
    Inseam = 841mm
    trunk = 693mm
    foearm = 385mm
    arm = 695mm
    thigh = 610mm
    lower leg= 555mm
    sternal notch = 147mm
    height = 1790mm

Would you agree on the 55?

I currently run a 1 size to big 20 year old aluminium cannondale caad3. Reach and stack are 410 reach and about 575 stack but with spacers it's been changed to a about 615 stack. Height is nice but reach is too long.

secondly, the stack for the 55 is 568mm
    i can add 20mm of spacers but " With the headset on top what would that measurement be bought up to before spacers?."
    Ultimately I'm looking for a stack/ total bar height of about 600mm + for as much if a relaxed geometry as possible without the spacers being too much, but I also don't want to hit my knees riding out of the saddle.

Thirdly, I'm looking to put sram force 22 compact groupset with a 11/32 on the rear.
    any know problems for the sram setup?

fourthly, 28mm tyres is the maximum the front fork or rear triangle will take?
    I run Vredestein's, but am looking at some Reynolds stratus pro wheels.

5, any idea of comparisons to go by.
    ritchey road logic new vs my 20 year aluminium frame?
    I want more comfort but I love climbing the hills.
    i reckon I could get the build to around 8.2kg with what I have.

and lastly, i hope not but in the event of an accident I take it the frame could be repaired by a bike builder?.

sorry for the long message.
    thanks
    hope to hear from you soon.
    So right off the bat, for your 1st and 2nd inquiry, I make a point of not commenting on fit or sizing. You should try and find a shop with a competent fit program that can help you get the correct size you need.

3rd: Force 22 is great, I've used both Red 22 and Rival 22.

4th: We can only confirm that our tires on our rims in our frame fit, we can't claim that every 28c tire will fit in the frame.

5th: having ridden both aluminum and steel. Steel is way more forgiving than aluminum. I imagine the modern steel road bike is going to feel a lot better than a 20 year old aluminum one.

6th: Yes, since it is steel, it could be repaired, depending on the damage.

I hope these answer have helped.
    Cheers
    Nyk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    4th: We can only confirm that our tires on our rims in our frame fit, we can't claim that every 28c tire will fit in the frame.

Tried Challenge Paris Roubaix 27mm, they do not fit. So it is try and error. Some Toms Slick from Ritchey in 28mm are here as well. Will try next.

5th: having ridden both aluminum and steel. Steel is way more forgiving than aluminum. I imagine the modern steel road bike is going to feel a lot better than a 20 year old aluminum one.

Coming from a 10 year old Aluminium frame i can confirm this, feels so much more comfortable...

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Velohome View Post

Tried Challenge Paris Roubaix 27mm, they do not fit. So it is try and error. Some Toms Slick from Ritchey in 28mm are here as well. Will try next.

Coming from a 10 year old Aluminium frame i can confirm this, feels so much more comfortable...

Yeah I have heard cotton open tubulars do quite a bit of opening up as you ride them.
    Nyk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Was not able to ride them. When i mounted them it was obvious, that this want work.
    Will try next summer the open corsa graphen ones in 25mm, the 23mm where really fantastic.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Hi.
    just a secondary question.

How much height is added to the stack when the headset is included or is the stack height already inclusing the headset?.

i currently run around 625mm to base of the stem.
    so if you had size 57 in the road logic, how many spacers would I need if the headset was included in the stack height?

thanks.

p.s. Are you going to make an endurance geometry road frame.
    for example the ritchey cross sizing but in the road login frameset?
    Last edited by velo73; 10-14-2016 at 04:28 PM. Reason: ModificTion to question

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by velo73 View Post
    Hi.

p.s. Are you going to make an endurance geometry road frame.
    for example the ritchey cross sizing but in the road login frameset?
    Drove the frame without any problems for 230km, usually not often more than 100km, so this one you can use out of the box for long distance

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2016
    We have a Double Switchback Breakaway tandem. It is a marvelous bike, but I have a few questions:
    1) What crank set/chain ring can be run on this frame? Right now I have an SRAM Descendant 38 tooth which is for a 83 mm bottom bracket that I have shimmed to work on the DSB. I have a GXP triple road crank set that has 30/42/52 chain rings and it does not clear the rear stays. Any ideas how small the chain ring wold need to be to clear the frame?

2) I have Hope Tech 3/ E4 brakes with 203 mm rotors front and rear on the DSB. I had to stop going 40 MPH down a 10% hill with a 40 mph tail wind and a full up weight near 500# This brake setup is marginal due to heat fade. Can I fit a 250 mm Santana rotors on the back? Will the frame survive the force? What about the front?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousDan View Post
    We have a Double Switchback Breakaway tandem. It is a marvelous bike, but I have a few questions:
    1) What crank set/chain ring can be run on this frame? Right now I have an SRAM Descendant 38 tooth which is for a 83 mm bottom bracket that I have shimmed to work on the DSB. I have a GXP triple road crank set that has 30/42/52 chain rings and it does not clear the rear stays. Any ideas how small the chain ring wold need to be to clear the frame?

2) I have Hope Tech 3/ E4 brakes with 203 mm rotors front and rear on the DSB. I had to stop going 40 MPH down a 10% hill with a 40 mph tail wind and a full up weight near 500# This brake setup is marginal due to heat fade. Can I fit a 250 mm Santana rotors on the back? Will the frame survive the force? What about the front?
    The largest rotors the frame can fit are 160 front and 203 rear.
    Cheers
    Nyk

Is it the future yet?
    Apr 2008
    I have a question re: handlebar "same-ness"

I have the old WCS Evolution SL handlebar that I love to death.
    I just purchased the Superlogic Evo curve, thinking they would be the same bar. After installing it, I'm finding out that the curve-drop and radius are a little different. The "end" of the drop on the Superlogic Evo seems shorter and the curve seems tighter.
    I barely have room for my hands now when down in the drops.

Can somebody tell me if there are differences between these two bars? Is there another bar that I should have gotten instead?
    Am I stuck with a $300 bar that won't work for me?

Please help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Yes they are different. Drawings for the Evo-Curve are on product description page at the Ritchey website. Easy to compare that to what you have or with a quick google search you can find drawings for your older bar. If you don't like it, return it to your shop and ask them to help you find a bar with similar dimensions.

Is it the future yet?
    Apr 2008
    Thanks but Ritchey's site is horribly un-informative. The drawings are the same as are the descriptions.

Here is the Carbon Evo Curve description:
    Short reach, shallow drop with 4 degrees sweep at the ovalized top section and smooth, double-radius drops.

Here is the Superlogic Evo Curve's
    Short reach, shallow drop with 4 degrees sweep at the ovalized top section and smooth, double-radius drops.

Hard to tell the differences with that.
    Hopefully the place I ordered it from will take them back even though I've mounted them...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but you said you have older WCS Carbon Evolution SL bars, those are not the same as the WCS Carbon Evo-Curve, hence the different name. Evo-Curve is not Evolution SL.

Is it the future yet?
    Apr 2008
    Here's why I'm confused. I posted this, here, back in '12

Originally Posted by maximum7

Hi Dave,

I was wondering since the WCS Carbon Evolution SL bar isn't made any more, what is the equivalent now? Is there one with the same ergonomics and design?
    On the Ritchey Website, I just see the WCS Carbon Evolution. Is that the same, just not "SL"
    Also what would be the aluminum equivalent?

Thanks for your help.

From Ritchey Dave;

The SuperLogic Evolution is the exact same bar. The reason for the different name is the WCS Carbon Evolution SL predates our "Superlogic" product line category, which we reserve for our lightest, most technologically advanced, components. At that point we just used "SL" to signify this higher level. Once we had more of a line to comprise the "Superlogic" group we changed the name.

Unfortunately we don't make an aluminum version of this bar. A close alternative would be our WCS EvoCurve bar, which shares the same top section as the Evolution, but has a shorter, double-radius drop section. If you're looking for a similar drop section then you might want to consider the WCS Logic II bars, however these don't have that ovalized ergo top section the Evolution and EvoCurve have.

Hope this helps.

Now that I have both, the Superlogic is not the same as my old Evolution SL...even though it's supposed to be.
    I guess I'm gonna try for the Evo Curve, since it works for me on my other bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I miss Ritchey Dave. The Ritchey rep doesn't check here much at all, from what I can tell.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    Ritchey Guy,

Does the ritchey aero streem 2 carbon bar work with the new di2 bar end junction box. can we route the di2 wires throught the end of the drop.

thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    Hi
    Can you tell me if the ritchey vector saddle fits on a ritchey seatpost from a 2013 Scott foil with the adapter?
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2017
    Hi Ritchey_Guy,

I'm looking for a replacement bottom bearing for my PRO LOGIC 1-1/8" headset which came with my Ritchey Steel Cross Breakaway. I could easily find a replacement for the top bearing, but the bottom bearing, which is bigger (can't remember the size now), is unobtainable even by my LBS. Can you help? Thanks,

SDRando

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 333435