Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 333435
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
    Have a question for the @Ritchey_Guy - I have a WCS Flexlogic seat post. Is there a max torque spec in NM for the seat bolt? I have a custom steel frame, and I'm having problems with the seat post slipping even when I apply the fiber goop to prevent slippage. I'm wondering how hard I can torque down the seatbolt to prevent slipping - some of this need for tightness is the frame and the recessed bolt, but I'd like to know the spec on the seat post too just to be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We don't have one hard and fast spec because of all the variables (frame material, post material, etc) however I wouldn't go above 5/6nm on a carbon post or 6/7nm for an alloy post. I would also make sure the diameter of the seat tube is correct.
    Also, yeah, make sure you use a generous amount of fiber grip.
    Cheers
    Nyk
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    "Any suggestions for preventing the cable connector from rattling against the top tube on my Ritchey Breakaway Cross? The cable connector rattles every time I go over a rough surface and it could get quite annoying on a bumpy road or trail. The connector has a black rubberized band around one end of it, but it is not enough to prevent the rattling. I have temporarily surrounded it with electrical tape and a rubber spacer to see if that helps."

The previous quote was posted a while back and I too have had problems with the cable connectors rattling. I find that the rubber rings that came with the bike are not sufficient in preventing rattling. I found some larger rubber o-rings at Home Depot in the Plumbing Dept. for $2.29 (for 10 0-rings). They work great. They are larger and the brake o-ring rubs the frame, but I have Frame Saver tape (awesome stuff - buy at ColoradoCyclist.com) so my paint is protected. Hope this helps!

Ritchey Rep here to answer all your questions!-grommet2.jpgRitchey Rep here to answer all your questions!-grommet1.jpgRitchey Rep here to answer all your questions!-o-rings2-large-.jpg
    Last edited by burgrat; 06-01-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Cathedral City, CA
    Nov 2005
    This message comes back for all 3 of your attachments:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    2016 Ritchey BreakAway (carbon)
    Full Campagnolo drivetrain - Chorus 11sp (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Zonda wheels
    Lezyne Super GPS w/Cateye speed/cadence & HR sensors
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Arione VSX saddle
    Cinelli bar tape

BeBop Pedals

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    This message comes back for all 3 of your attachments:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    I fixed it. Thanks!

Jedi Master
    Aug 2006
    Will the break-away steel be seeing updates anytime soon? Maybe the integrated headset, new colors?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I would love to re-paint my stem and seat post to color match my charcoal road logic - anyone know the PPG code or similar?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Try contacting D & D Cycles. Rick paints Ritchey frames.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 333435