Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Ritchey Rep here to answer all your questions!

206K views 877 replies 252 participants last post by  Peter P. 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the spokesperson here at Ritchey Design USA and I'd like to invite anyone who has any questions or comments about our products to post them here on the Ritchey Forum. I'll do my best to respond and answer as many as I can and help you understand the vast array of bicycle components we have to offer. If I don't answer right away, check back in a week or so. I try and answer every question, but sometimes it takes a little longer.

Here at Ritchey we all ride and are extremely passionate and proud of everything we produce. Please don't feel shy. Let us know what you think!

Dave

#5 ·
I like very much but I bet I cannot get the seatpost in a 27.0mm

Shame on Ritchey. Us folks with older Ritchey frames have to strip black ones and after talking to a rep on the help line, no more 27.0 will be made, ever.

Hopefully a classic bend bar too.

Thanks, that is the first pic I have seen.

#6 ·
Love the WCS 4-axis stem in wet white. Have it on my SL2. Has to be the third or forth one I have bought now over the years. . .

:thumbsup:

#11 ·
it's been a while since a question and a post, but to you have a bar that has a classic bend but a flat top for sram levers. i love the look and feel of the PRO vibe 7 round like thor used back with Crédit Agricole. i just don't want anything shimano on my bike even if it is PRO. i have seen Rory with Fly V using the WCS classic bars rotated forward but i wish not to rotate. do the curves help this? is there anything in your line up that is close? do you have any pictures with sram or newer DA levers mounted? I am currently using FSA compact bars and HATE THEM. also i don't like anatomical bars.

thanks,
cjump

#12 ·
cjump said:
it's been a while since a question and a post, but to you have a bar that has a classic bend but a flat top for sram levers. i love the look and feel of the PRO vibe 7 round like thor used back with Crédit Agricole. i just don't want anything shimano on my bike even if it is PRO. i have seen Rory with Fly V using the WCS classic bars rotated forward but i wish not to rotate. do the curves help this? is there anything in your line up that is close? do you have any pictures with sram or newer DA levers mounted? I am currently using FSA compact bars and HATE THEM. also i don't like anatomical bars.

thanks,
cjump
cjump,
Check out our new EvoCurve bars.

Compared to the Vibe 7, they both have the same drop of 131mm. Ours have a slight back sweep on the tops. As you can see, the transition from levers to bar can be extremely flat, yet they still preserve the round classic feel and shape in the drops. These are brand new and have tested with flying colors with all of us here and our sponsered teams. Hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions you might have about our bars or other products.

#13 ·
WCS Axis 44 Stem Strong Enough?

Hello,

I'm a very strong 6'2" 235lb rider. I recently purchased Ritchey's "Classic" handlebar. Is this stem strong enough for someone my size? I'm not particularly violent on the bike, but I do race, sometimes over very poor road surfaces.

Thanks

#14 ·
edward12 said:
Hello,

I'm a very strong 6'2" 235lb rider. I recently purchased Ritchey's "Classic" handlebar. Is this stem strong enough for someone my size? I'm not particularly violent on the bike, but I do race, sometimes over very poor road surfaces.

Thanks
The 44 design is one of the strongest stem designs on the market right now and will absolutely take whatever punishment you can give it. We have some of the strongest sprinters in the world wrenching down on them with total confidence. There should be no worries on your end with that stem.

#15 ·
Hey dave. A coworker has a set of Ritchey 650 wheels on his tri bike. The rear bearings are dead from riding in the rain for seven years in Seattle and the snow/salt on the roads here in Germany this winter. I told him I would replace the bearings for him. The only identification I can find on the, wheels is it says zero on the hub body and it is an aero rim. Any idea what bearings are used in the rear hub? I would rather order them before I tear his wheel apart. Thanks.

#17 ·
Ritchey_Dave said:

Yep. We're coming out with a matching bar, stem and two bolt seatpost (not shown). They'll most likely be available around October. What do you think?

THANK YOU! Oh dear god! Finally. A return the the good old days!

Please, please, please. Just make a 31.6mm seatpost in silver. And a crankset in silver too, so I don't have to go hunting on eBay.

#19 ·
dammit said:
Any silver classic bends planned? And while you're at it, mold up a tan sidewalled road tire- guaranteed to make Ritchey tens of dollars!
The bars pictured above were just mock up Logic II bars. The actual bars will have the Curve shape and look like this:

It's not totally "classic" in shape but much closer than the Logic II. They'll have a 128mm drop and a 73mm reach.

As tempting as "tens of dollars" is :) , there isn't any plans currently to make a tan sidewall road tire. As far as tires go, we're pretty much just focused on innovation right now. But I'll keep that in mind if I hear that from more people.

#20 ·
rook said:
THANK YOU! Oh dear god! Finally. A return the the good old days!

Please, please, please. Just make a 31.6mm seatpost in silver. And a crankset in silver too, so I don't have to go hunting on eBay.

31.6mm seatpost, you got it! Although, I wouldn't include 31.6 with the "old days" that's pretty new school, isn't it?

A crankset is another story. Tom's most recent reply when I asked about cranks was "no." But things change here all the time. It's entirely possible that next week I might come in to find a prototype crankset sitting on my desk.

#21 ·
Thanks for being here to answer our questions. It's little things like this that make us appreciate companies like Ritchey. My bike it outfitted with all WCS parts aside from the campy gruppo.

On that note, does Ritchey have any way to order just a rim? I dented my front rim on the protocols and my LBS isn't a Ritchey dealer. Should I just find a Ritchey dealer and have them replace it?

#23 ·
silver classic line

thanks for posting those pics..the stuff looks great i'll be first in line to get some of those item i'm a big fan of Ritchey products and there bend ergo bars are far and away my favorite they work very well with shimano leves.i hope that bend will still be available.bringing back the silver is long overdue in my opinion i never felt that look was ever out of date it just seems it became hard to find and everything was black.
is there a possibilty for 26mm bars/stems also instead of 31.8? thats seems pretty classic too

Scott

#24 ·
natrab said:
Thanks for being here to answer our questions. It's little things like this that make us appreciate companies like Ritchey. My bike it outfitted with all WCS parts aside from the campy gruppo.

On that note, does Ritchey have any way to order just a rim? I dented my front rim on the protocols and my LBS isn't a Ritchey dealer. Should I just find a Ritchey dealer and have them replace it?
It's entirely my pleasure to answer questions. It allows us to see what's on the minds of our customers. Glad to hear you're treating your bike right with all WCS, that's the way I've always had my bikes.

If it's a 20 hole rim you need, we have them in stock. The part number is 53-258-820.

What you should do is get your LBS to start stocking Ritchey:D But seriously, it's fairly easy for a shop to become an authorized dealer, which is the only way we can ship them product.

#26 ·
sw3759 said:
thanks for posting those pics..the stuff looks great i'll be first in line to get some of those item i'm a big fan of Ritchey products and there bend ergo bars are far and away my favorite they work very well with shimano leves.i hope that bend will still be available.bringing back the silver is long overdue in my opinion i never felt that look was ever out of date it just seems it became hard to find and everything was black.
is there a possibilty for 26mm bars/stems also instead of 31.8? thats seems pretty classic too

Scott
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the supporting the brand and the great feedback! Yeah, we totally agree about silver; it still can make a bike look trick. 26mm, however, is unfortunately a little dated now, and we just don't get a lot of demand for it anymore. So, to answer your question, it's not likely that we'll make the bars/stems in a 26mm variation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.