Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Moderators - New Subforum ?

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Charlie the Unicorn 
#1 · (Edited)
Open post to this bulletin board. I would like to consider a weight listing of bikes and components and have a central database. Totally frustrated with the weight weenies. For all intents and purposes, their data list is dead and they don't care. I know there are concerns with web security etc, but I would like to offer my time to help kick this off if it is feasible with the web site, the owners and managers of it, and there is interest. Maybe a sticky thread with only the data ?? Any one ???

Thanks for your consideration !!!:)

As an incentive, I will ban myself from the politics only posting.

#6 ·
I'm not really sure this would be time well spent creating a list given how little traffic this sub forum gets. Moreover, there is no adopted standard among manufacturers on weighing frames (i.e., frame size, painted or not, complete bike or frame only, component mix, etc...).

#7 ·
I'd agree with the grouch.

I've been a WW member since 2009 and it's very noticeable the dropoff in interest in weight. My theory is that as soon as manufacturers began routinely making sub-15 lb bikes easy to buy or assemble the topic just became less interesting. Or perhaps sanity prevailed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.