Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Your weight vs. Your bike's weight

108K views 483 replies 333 participants last post by  g3p 
#1 ·
Couldn't find this posted, so apologies if it's redundant.

This forum focuses on bike weight and every once in awhile someone talks about the losing a pound from the engine. I'm curious about the ratios of rider to bike weights on this forum.

Me- 180 lbs; 6' 1"
Bike- about 17.5
(yeah, we're pigs by some standards)

I don't think we need to qualify rider weight, but with the whole "do pedals count?" thing...

#232 ·
Cni2i said:
WOW! Gotta see it to believe it though :D

Would love to see your spec list.
here you go

Frame & Fork ...............Guru Photron
Wheels...............custom enve 45
Skewers...............KCNC TI
Tires................Vittoria Corsa Evo CX
Shifters...............Sram Red
Front Derauleur...........DA 7900
Rear Deraleur.................Sram Red
Brakes..........eebrakes
Crank ...........Zipp Vumaquad
Chain.............KMC X10SL
Casette........Recon Ti
Cables..........Jagwire racer kit
Pedals........look keo blade Ti
Seat Post........3t ltd
Saddle......antares 00
Stem..........3t ltd
Bars..............3T Ergonova Ltd
Bar Tape................?
2 Bottle Cages........Stradalli

#233 ·
:cornut: Beautiful bike and build! Honestly, I rarely say this...but that must be one of the nicest bike builds that I've seen anywhere. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

My bike @ 14.98 seems overweight now :D

Fred said:
here you go

Frame & Fork ...............Guru Photron
Wheels...............custom enve 45
Skewers...............KCNC TI
Tires................Vittoria Corsa Evo CX
Shifters...............Sram Red
Front Derauleur...........DA 7900
Rear Deraleur.................Sram Red
Brakes..........eebrakes
Crank ...........Zipp Vumaquad
Chain.............KMC X10SL
Casette........Recon Ti
Cables..........Jagwire racer kit
Pedals........look keo blade Ti
Seat Post........3t ltd
Saddle......antares 00
Stem..........3t ltd
Bars..............3T Ergonova Ltd
Bar Tape................?
2 Bottle Cages........Stradalli

#236 ·
spade2you said:
I am not of Harkonnen blood.

I thinking ~122 is going to be my ideal race weight, but it's a legitimately healthy weight for me. Perhaps I might get closer to 120 by race day, but I'm really feeling great at 122 and appear to have gained some muscle mass.
I weighed 128lbs when I graduated HS way back in the day, had a 28" waist and was 6'0" tall. Body fat was in the single digits, but I could run a mile in about 4:25 and the 1/4 in the mid to low 40's. I wasn't weak for lifting weights either, was leg pressing more than 800lbs and benching more than 150lbs at that weight, which I imagine was something to see.

I am about 180lbs now, and my best miles are in the 8's, but pushing 50 I am satisfied with that. I am more endurance oriented now, running 10K's and up instead of 440's and miles. I will complete my first Ironman this year too, so I might get down in the 170's with the training that I am doing.

Oh, and my bike is about 18.5 lbs with my clip on aero bars, bottle cages and without my tool bag. It will go down a bit this summer when I replace my heavy Shimano wheels with lighter racing wheels, but not by that much.

#303 ·
I managed to continue to lose weight throughout the summer, at about a 5 pound per month clip. I am now down to 200 - 202 lbs. While I continue to ride at the same rate, my weight has now stabilized, almost impossible for me to go sub 200. All told, I've lost 43 pounds from the end of February. No more knee pains, no more lower back pains,... on the down side, I've had to purchase a whole new wardrobe.

cheers,
Frank :)

#249 ·
76 inches, BMI: 23.2, 185-200 pounds. vs. Bike: with cages and no bottles or seat bag: 20.5 pound 61cm not bad :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.