Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

busted S10

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  phatkid77 
#1 ·
well my brand new speedster S10, went in the shop for a tune up as i have the 200km cancer ride THIS WEEKEND....bike has 60km on it maybe...shop calls me...frame is cracked!!! nice

anyway, SCOTT realizes the urgency and have sent out a loaner frame for me this weekend then will ship my permanant replacement next week i guess...

anyway, i believe mine was an 07 (black and yellow accents) carbon fork and chainstay..

ihow much bettter/lighter is the 09 frame, does it have carbon fibre rear as well???

any info would be appreciated..

thanks

cory

#3 ·
sucks cause I have an 06 S10 (matte black/raw alum) and i just ordered a scott CX team. but these things happen and it seems that scott is handling it really well. ive seen the new frames and theyre amazing looking. even the cx bike Im getting has a super smooth alum frame. So yea, where did yours crack? im assuming you never crashed it either.

#4 ·
Thank you very much..that will be my bargain chip...can't replace my old frame (carbon fork/rear) witha new one only fork...that's of lesser value in my mind...
I bought the bike with the crack..bought it that way, they missed it..I asked the techie about it and he said just a paint crack..
Wasn't at a weld or anything, was on the stem where the handlebars go in...very weird

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.