Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EWF
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

Pro v. Team

I don't know if they've changed the specs for 2012. For 2011, other than the drivetrain difference, the wheelset on the Pro (Elite) is an upgrade from the Team (Equipe), which may be worth about $200 to $300 in value if bought separately. Otherwise, I think they spec out the same.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Ultegra is a better /lighter set. The 2012 CR1 Pro is only colour different to a lil red this year. Black/white last year. The Pro is worth the extra, & very comfy light / great for short or looooooong rides. Can even enter race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by knightev View Post
    scoping out the carbon frame road bike scene... just went into my LBS near where i live in Paris and they recommended the 2012 CR1 Pro and the 2012 CR1 Team...

what are the major differences between these two bikes? EDIT besides the 105 to Ultegra...

they are offering the Pro for 2,380 euros (3,212 american dollars)
    and the Team for 1,700 euros (2,295 american dollars)
    [all tax included]

thanks!
    The frames are identicle. Only difference is 105 to Ultegra and wheels. As others have said you can upgrade to better wheels for a lot less than 680 euros. You need to ask yourself if Ultegra over 105 is worth it to you.\
    Whichever you choose the CR1 is a great bike if it fits you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric S View Post
    The frames are identicle. Only difference is 105 to Ultegra and wheels. As others have said you can upgrade to better wheels for a lot less than 680 euros. You need to ask yourself if Ultegra over 105 is worth it to you.\
    Whichever you choose the CR1 is a great bike if it fits you.
    that seems a bit misleading to me-- naming a bike something different, when it is actually the components that are different and not the actual frame...! maybe that's just me.

but, thanks for the info...

and, being fairly new to this whole sport, how big of a difference is 105 to Ultegra?

thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    that seems a bit misleading to me-- naming a bike something different, when it is actually the components that are different and not the actual frame...! maybe that's just me.

but, thanks for the info...

and, being fairly new to this whole sport, how big of a difference is 105 to Ultegra?

thanks!
    The bike is a Scott CR1, Team and Pro are subnames to identify the componant differences. Shimano Ultegra is a little lighter than Simano 105. When in tune there is (IMO) no difference in performance that the average recreational or even a less than high level racer is going to feel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    thanks for all the info, everyone! this helps a ton. i am currently reading bike reviews on bike radar... also helpful.

thanks again!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    When I tried different bikes I looked at how lower weights did help first hand going up steep climbs. However it's mainly harnessed by the wheelset.

I recommend the Dura Ace wheelset, CL 24, again on bikeradar with lots top reviews. Rouesartisanales did tests on Aero & Energy per Joules. This set is great value for money vs say the cosmic ultimates that cost far more.

In reference to the frame CR1, its great comfy bike. It's a lightweight, so whether you select either it's a great bike. The rim when funds permit will help more. If you can look in the UK, 1,599 for lightest frame bike Scott do eg the 2011 end sale Addict R3! Great climbing bike more racy.

Read more & test them back to back up Parisen true hills. Look, Bianchi et al are very pricey, Saunier Duvall selected a winner in Scott Addict! So reflect on the rationale. The bike is for a great purpose. You will still have memories & photos of Paris.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I had the same dilemma recently, I was going to go for the Team given that everyone said that the diff between 105 and Ultegra is minimal and the MRSP is about $1,000 less. However my LBS was able to give me the Pro for only $450 more than the Team. I read somewhere that the upgrades on their own are worth about $1500 so it was a no-brainer for me to go for the Pro. I rode it today and just love the bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    [QUOTE=knightev;3572423]scoping out the carbon frame road bike scene... just went into my LBS near where i live in Paris and they recommended the 2012 CR1 Pro and the 2012 CR1 Team...

what are the major differences between these two bikes? EDIT besides the 105 to Ultegra...

they are offering the Pro for 2,380 euros (3,212 american dollars)
    and the Team for 1,700 euros (2,295 american dollars)
    [all tax included]

Both bikes are awesome. I think the key difference between the two besides the gruppo is that the Pro's wheels are Mavic Kysrium Elites and the Team uses the Mavic Askium Race....So the Elites are a higher end wheel from Mavic than the Askiums...Good luck.
    Less talk, more ride....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Fivekabob: great point. You win on the tyre set!! What a huge difference. Makes climbing easier. Prevents you the need to upgrade in a long time.

I prefer the CR1-Pro. Save for it. Ask to deposit & wait a few months. You will not be upset.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008

To Wallstreet

Thank you Wall Street: How about a set of Conti GrandPrix 4000s tires to go with the new road bike (make model not noted until I obtain possession of it.)...I ordered last week
    Less talk, more ride....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    i am going back in today to see if i can test ride some bikes... like i mentioned, though, the problem is having room to test them! for some reason i doubt that they would let me bop out into the streets of paris on a $3200 machine. :/

so, i will test the CR1 team and pro, as well as the pinarello FP2... i've yet to find anywhere else that has the other bikes i was looking at.

i will let you all know how it goes!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    i am going back in today to see if i can test ride some bikes... like i mentioned, though, the problem is having room to test them! for some reason i doubt that they would let me bop out into the streets of paris on a $3200 machine. :/

so, i will test the CR1 team and pro, as well as the pinarello FP2... i've yet to find anywhere else that has the other bikes i was looking at.

i will let you all know how it goes!
    Good luck cruising down the Champs Elysees.....
    Now are the Scott's 2011 or 2012 models? The U.S. website only shows the 2011's but the local shop here in Redondo Beach told me that the 2012 are becoming available in Europe and Australia..Hopefully very soon in the U.S.
    Less talk, more ride....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Fivekabob: I know redondo beach well my kids r based there.

The new 2012 is just a different colour with red that grows on you. CR1 Pro with compact crank is the way to go. (ultegra)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12