Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Foil

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

Scott Foil

Been seeing pros ride it, as the F01, for a while now. Looks like it has finally officially been launched.

What a sweet looking frame.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...launched-29884

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    It is a good looking bike:

" The road side joker"
    That's a nice looking bike... I like the flat black
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2009 SCOTT Speedster
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/146635
    (GET 15% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Anybody know when this bike might show up in shops? I want to take a closer look.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squareslinky
    Anybody know when this bike might show up in shops? I want to take a closer look.
    I've heard rumours of July...

Specs & prices have been published here...http://www.triradar.com/2011/04/15/s...bike-launched/

I've got my eye on the matt black!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    LBS says initial shipments are going to be very limited. Probably not going to see these sitting around until next season.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    i work at Ride on Bicycles in Greenville, Sc. We have a 56 on the floor and 58 coming soon. Anyone in the area come look its and awesome looking bike.
    feels very stiff so quick excelleration is felt.
    Weighs 15 lbs. without pedals. matt black with Shimano Ultegra .
    Might be the next one as i love my Addict SL So this may be a little better. have to go for a longer ride to tell for sure.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Weighs 15 lbs. without pedals. matt black with Shimano Ultegra .
    Ultegra equipped version for 15lbs is impossible, may be you've scaled one of the hmx versions?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Boralb View Post
    Ultegra equipped version for 15lbs is impossible, may be you've scaled one of the hmx versions?

Yeah i think your right 15 lbs. is to light. have to weigh it again and get back to you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Yeah i think your right 15 lbs. is to light. have to weigh it again and get back to you.
    Can you share some pics for those of us not in the area? There aren't any in my area.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005

Yep i was wrong on the weight. 16.13 lbs. is the correct weight according to are scale.

jfg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    The foil is a very nice bike. Scott did a great job with this bike. I do have a 54 for sale. With Sram red and zipp 404's. Email me if interested. Thank you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011

Scott Foil

Just sayin hello folks.

Any chance the 54 is still out there. Love the Addict SL too!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Does anybody now if the Foil frame can handle junior cassette (14-25t)? The Addict couldn't.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I'm new to the Scott family, but I did my research and decided I could not find another bike with the stiffness, lightness, and aerodynamics of the Foil. I am replacing my Felt AR4 and F3 with the Foil in order to simplify my road situation. It seemed as though I would always want the speed of the AR when I rode the F3 and the lightness of the F3 when I rode the AR. I figured the Foil would allow me to have the advantage of both Felts and then some, so I picked this one up Saturday. It is very fast and stiff, yet feels more stable than the AR. Components are Full Sram Red, Ritchey WCS Carbon cockpit, and Specialized Toupe saddle. I am currently demoing a set of 303 Firecrest clinchers to see if they will be a good replacement for my Easton EA90SLX and old ZIpp 404s. Oh yeah........it weighs 14.12 with pedals and heavy Zipp tires!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scott Foil-img_3297.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Nice!! Looks awesome. I'd really like to test ride one but looks like no one in my area will have any 61s in stock until April. Have fun.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    What is the weight difference between the HMX frame and the HMF?
    2011 Turner DHR
    Road Bike: Currently looking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by natedg200202 View Post
    It is a good looking bike:

Forget the bike. I want the F1 racecar in the background

Ok, back to the bike. Any official reviews yet or ride impressions?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I just rode my new Foil Team over the weekend . My impression of the ride overall is fantastic. I was worried that the ride might be to harsh although it was firm it did not beat me up. The bike is fast and climbs great and sprints great. I am very happy I took a leap of faith with this bike. Because on paper it looked perfect light,stiff,geometry was good. I am very happy.

Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Anyone know any stores in the US that might have Foil premium frameset in 52 Small in stock or could get one

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlex View Post

HMX is stronger and lighter carbon. i think I read where its 20% stiffer in certain areas.

I can vouch for the stiffness . My addict was HMX carbon. Not very comfortable but, one of the fastest and best climbing bikes I've ever owned.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    I brought a Foil 15 a month ago, big upgrade from a 2009 Giant advanced. Great bike, handles better and feels much nicer to ride. I even managed to get a equal 1st place on Strava for a down hill section on a local ride.

My only gripe is trying to buy a set back seat post, so if anyone knows where I can buy a set back seat post to suit a Scott Foil, please let me know. I've contacted my local bike shop who doesn't really care, not happy and the Ritchey web site doesn't show the aero seat post.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bath Monster View Post
    I brought a Foil 15 a month ago, big upgrade from a 2009 Giant advanced. Great bike, handles better and feels much nicer to ride. I even managed to get a equal 1st place on Strava for a down hill section on a local ride.

My only gripe is trying to buy a set back seat post, so if anyone knows where I can buy a set back seat post to suit a Scott Foil, please let me know. I've contacted my local bike shop who doesn't really care, not happy and the Ritchey web site doesn't show the aero seat post.
    Scott only makes two seat posts for the Foil.

Sizes 54 and smaller use a 0 degree post, 56 and larger use a laid back post (25mm I believe). So if you have a 54, you can get a laid back post from Scott...if you have a 56 with the laid back post, there isn't much you can do about it.

Basically talk to your dealer and see what they can do.

I know if you have the 0 degree post you Scott will send you a laid back post (or vise-versa) if you need one for best fit.
    Bikes:
    • 2012 CAAD10 (4)
    • 2013 Jamis Nova Race (winter training bike)
    • 1998 Marin East Peak - MTB
    • 2012 Argon 18 E-118

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlex View Post

Our Scott book at the shop shows 100 grams difference between the HMX and HMF carbon.
    That's frame and fork. 50 grams for the fork and 50 grams for the frame.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast