RoadBikeReview Member

Wanting to upgrade Scott CR1 Pro to Force

I have a 2012 CR1 Pro frame that was a result of a crash replacement. My current groupset is a mix of 105, with a Rival crank, and generic Shimano brakes. I love my frame Wanting to upgrade Scott CR1 Pro to Force-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358822285.962435.jpg
    (don't worry, the stem is slammed now) but my components have about 4k miles on them and I am looking to start racing. I am looking at upgrading to 2013 Force but wasn't sure what FD I would need. Would this one work and does it appear to be a good deal? Is the $1k worth the component upgrade over my hybrid 105 groupo?

Wanting to upgrade Scott CR1 Pro to Force-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358822473.793894.jpg
    Last edited by Andrew L; 01-23-2013 at 07:37 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member

Pic messed up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanting to upgrade Scott CR1 Pro to Force-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358823371.586585.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member

Wanting to upgrade Scott CR1 Pro to Force-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358823466.417804.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member

Bump for help...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Thats a decent price for Force and I would consider it an upgrade on the mix you have. I assume you already have the GXP BB since you running a SRAM crank and that would save on some tools I woulds also use the Force FD May as well upgrade to the whole group.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    This would look really good on your bike

Sram Red Black Groupset 2011

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    I got that set-up except for shifter which is Red with Ksyrium Elite wheels, Its preferences actually, they all work great. Be Shimano, Campy or Sram.
    Peace,
    lakay

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    The SRAM group will lighten up the bike slightly but if you really plan on racing you might want to think about the possibility of crashing on those expensive new SRAM shifters. The bike as is is perfectly ok for racing now except for possibly a closer ratio rear cassette!

RoadBikeReview Member

Quote Originally Posted by masi85 View Post
    The SRAM group will lighten up the bike slightly but if you really plan on racing you might want to think about the possibility of crashing on those expensive new SRAM shifters. The bike as is is perfectly ok for racing now except for possibly a closer ratio rear cassette!
    Thanks for the reply, I never thought about it like that. When/if I do crash it will certainly be more expensive to replace Force over 105. Most of my local racers have sick bikes with SRAM Red and Zipps and I guess it's easy to get carried away.