RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008

Browsing: Fierte (steel) v Roubaix Expert?

The two bikes sound like they're pretty much made for the same thing. Any thoughts as to the differences/similarities from people who've ridden both?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006

Your comparing an apple and an orange...

The Roubaix is carbon, the Fierte is steel. Big difference. The Fierte will transmit the road to you, the Roubaix will have a deadened carbon feel. I own a Fierte and it is an absolutely pleasure to ride. I just don't like carbon and I rode 5k and 6k carbon bikes that to me just didn't ride the way I wanted them too. Go ride both and pick the ones that excites you...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    I rode a Fierte and now a Serotta Legend. I sold my Fierte frame to the service manager at my LBS. He and I are roughly the same size. Goodness what a great ride. He had 32-spoke Open Pro wheels on it. I gave up the Fierte because I was tired of scratched/chipped paint and got a great deal on the Legend and it rides great so I have no regrets. But the sweet ride of the Fierte almost made me wish I had not sold it.

The top of the line touring Cannondale came into the LBS with a Selle Anatomica saddle. The service manager was so impressed that he ordered one. I just did a short ride in the parking lot. For that distance it felt great. He said I could take it for a longer ride but the weather has been bad so I have not been able to take advantage of his offer.