RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006

Hors categorie question

I have a 1999 hors categorie in 55 cm. was originally the colroado serotta rep's bike, then a buddy of mine bought itn and now I have it. It has been ridden well but overall the condition is good. unfortunately it has a good size ding in the top tube. but seems to be structurally sound (wind knocked bike over onto cement step) the bike rides great but is too big for me so i want to sell the frame. Any idea what it's value may be?

All ideas would be appreciated. i have looked into have serotta replace the top tube and repaint the frame,-cost $900. ouch!

Spokane, Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzocycle
    I have a 1999 hors categorie in 55 cm. was originally the colroado serotta rep's bike, then a buddy of mine bought itn and now I have it. It has been ridden well but overall the condition is good. unfortunately it has a good size ding in the top tube. but seems to be structurally sound (wind knocked bike over onto cement step) the bike rides great but is too big for me so i want to sell the frame. Any idea what it's value may be?

All ideas would be appreciated. i have looked into have serotta replace the top tube and repaint the frame,-cost $900. ouch!
    I would suggest you ask your question on the Serotta Forum http://www.serotta.com/forum/ in the General Discussion area. Lotsa knowledgeable folks there.

My guess on the value would be $700~$800.
    Trying to cram the rest of my life into the rest of my life!