RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2005

Question ID8 or Elium SG?

Hi everyone,
    This is a question for all the ID8 and Elium SG owners out there. What are your likes/dislikes about the bikes (I know, it's probably tough to find faults with a custom 7)?
    I've been saving up for my Seven dreambike for a while and no I face the tough decision of choosing between an ID8 and and Elium SG. The weight differential between the two is only about .2 lbs. I'm looking for a bike that'll be stiff and light enough up the hills and for sprints but not too wobbly downhill and carving around the turns. Most of my rides are 35-65 mile club rides with a few centuries and a 200-miler thrown in.

Thanks!
    Shawna

Luv pullin' those carbon things up the hill...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Pardon me - my first post.

I don't think you will be dissapointed with either model of custom Seven, as with either they will be able to tune the frame for the stiffness and ride characteristics that you wish.

I've been very happy with an Elium Race (one of a couple Seven's I have) which is a little heavier than the Elium SG and tuned for stiffness. Overall weight is around around 14lb even, and is plenty stiff for me yet floats up the hills. To counter some of the frame's stiffness I went with the XL fork, as the grim reality is that little of my riding is on freshly paved roads.