RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002

New forks for Axiom Race. Edge / Enve 2.0

Advice requested

I have a 4 year old Axiom Race with an enormous headtube (26cm) and a standard pair of Seven forks with 5mm of spacers.

The steering has always been a little flexible but I've always assumed that's was a given with such a long steerer. It's particularly noticeable in crits on closed road circuits such as Hillingdon and Fowlmead (UK)

However, would replacing the house forks with something like an Edge 2.0 yield substantial dividends? Am I going to notice an improvement?

My Seven dealer is not being very insightful.

Alpha Q Z-Pros and THM Scapulas were / are also supposed to have very stiff steerers but the former are long gone and the latter are very, very expensive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    I'd ask Seven the question, as they have been really responsive to all of mine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by medimond
    I'd ask Seven the question, as they have been really responsive to all of mine.
    Maybe. I've not had quite the same experience

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackney
    Maybe. I've not had quite the same experience
    Strange .. as I've had two replies today from them, all within one hour.

The good news (for me) is that my frame is complete!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Call Seven - they have helped me tremendously - and that was on buying a used bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Good to hear

Hello, How was Seven helpful in buying a used bike? I'm looking to replace my cracked Axiom with a 03 Elium. Cheaper than fixing my 97 Axiom. What modle did you buy? I think I'm getting a good price? 03 Elium new fork, bars, stem, CK headset, seat post. Just back from Seven. $1450

JBF
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    The Edge/Enve forks are supposed to be very nice, but the axle to crown is way less than the Seven forks spec. This will throw off you head angle and change geometry so similar rake forks may not compare. Trust me, I have been through this. You should do your homework on bike geometry (axle-to-crown, head angle, rake, trail) or speak with Seven for suggestions on replacements.