Thread: Pump Peg

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

Pump Peg

This might be the most esoteric question asked here but here it goes:

Do you have a pump peg on your Seven?

If you do, do you use it? If not, do you miss not having one?

I've settled on Seven as the builder of my next road bike. Other than fit dimensions, bottle bosses and routing for electronic shifting, there's not much else I think I need. I'm hung up on the pump peg option, however. Esthetically, it looks dopey without a pump mounted on it so I'm just wondering how many Seven owners went with this option and whether you use it.

Thanks in advance

Formosan Cyclocross
    I wanted a cleaner look, so I opted against it. Instead, I got the Lezyne mini pump that can mount to the bottle bosses or fit in a jersey pocket.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    I also wondered about this, but with the size of the frame that I'm getting, I don't think they make pumps that are that big any more. The old Silca's are not as common anymore and with the advent of CO2 and mini pumps, there's a small market it seems.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003
    I love my pump peg and frame pump... I use a carbon Blackburn which I think adds to the look of the bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    I would not even consider a bike without a pump peg. I just (8 weeks ago) ordered a Moots and added in the pump peg. To me, it is so much cleaner than a mini pump strapped to the bike somewhere, I don't trust CO2, and would never even think about carrying a pump in my shirt pocket. I can barely stand having a key in my shirt pocket, but that's just me.
    I've had my share of flats and my trusty 25 year old Zefel Hpx4 has never failed me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I too carry a very old, well used HPx4. Whenever I ride with a group you know who gets the call for air. Yup, the trusty full sized pump. Tried the mini pumps a couple of times. Right back to the real deal. Big, ugly, heavy, yada, yada. It just is the right tool for the job.

Also tend to end up helping others stranded with CO2 issues (empty) or mini pumps that just may not be all they can be.

My next frame will have a pump peg. :-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011

No peg - no regrets

I opted to not on this bike. I carry CO2 and have had no probs using this. I carry 2 cartridges and personally just don't like the look of a pump on the bike. But, I can understand the reasoning to have it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    My Vamoots with pump peg just arrived last week. It took over 9 weeks for them to build it, but it is flawless and the pump peg is a must in my opinion. In a world of carbon dominated bikes that give you no options, it's refreshing to work with companies that will give you exactly what you want. And despite the shop not carrying a single bike with a pump peg (not their fault, that's just how things are made), everybody who saw this frame when it came out of the box commented on the pump peg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pump Peg-p1000564-copy.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Something about compact frames and pump pegs that cries ouch in my very subjective opinion. More visually appealing on a traditional frame. If function is the driving factor, there are very good choices on mini pumps; Lezyme is the one I carry with very good results on one bike, CO2 cartridges on the other. I don't inflate my tires to more than 115psi, if I did one cartridge may not be enough.