Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

My new custom build...

7K views 41 replies 27 participants last post by  corky 
#1 ·
I am VERY happy with it. :)

Pegoretti Marcelo Thelonius
Chorus 11
ITM Stem (but am waiting on a new deda stem)
Deda bars
open pros with record hubs
arione
Shimano ultegra pedals (so sue me, I like them)
Selcof titanium post

Time for a ride :)

#5 ·
Nice ride, but you're gonna cut the steerer, right? I have the same Selcof ti post and really like it.

#7 ·
Thanks all - yes the steerer will be cut down when i'm happy with the setup, i want it to be a touch more relaxed than my race bike so i am just experimenting with stem lengths and heights - as a wise man i know says - easier to cut down than cut back up again!!

Dave - thanks for your comment, I was torn between white and black tape, but i thought white would be too much (especially with white bars). One of the things i love about this bike is that it DOESNT scream "look at me" except to those people who know what they are looking at!

Gutted that the weather here has gone to torrential rain today!!

#8 ·
thelivo said:
Thanks all - yes the steerer will be cut down when i'm happy with the setup, i want it to be a touch more relaxed than my race bike so i am just experimenting with stem lengths and heights - as a wise man i know says - easier to cut down than cut back up again!!

Dave - thanks for your comment, I was torn between white and black tape, but i thought white would be too much (especially with white bars). One of the things i love about this bike is that it DOESNT scream "look at me" except to those people who know what they are looking at!

Gutted that the weather here has gone to torrential rain today!!
I'll take the rain over snow any day.......
Nice bike!

#18 ·
Amazing bike, I love the paint job! Understated elegance for sure.

#19 ·
Nice, like that paint job. :)

#23 ·
NIIICE! I hope you enjoy it. What fork is that? Is that a 27.2 diameter Selcof post you're using w/the shim? Do you know if Selcof offers a 29.4 diameter post, as I was under the impression they did? BTW, the Chorus11 looks great - I'm considering putting it on the Marcelo frameset I recently purchased from a friend.

#25 ·
jtferraro said:
NIIICE! I hope you enjoy it. What fork is that? Is that a 27.2 diameter Selcof post you're using w/the shim? Do you know if Selcof offers a 29.4 diameter post, as I was under the impression they did? BTW, the Chorus11 looks great - I'm considering putting it on the Marcelo frameset I recently purchased from a friend.
Hey there - the fork is the one dario specs - i believe it is a mizuno (i trust his judgement on that!) I just got it painted to match.

Yeah thats a 27.2 - I hunted for ages for a 29.4 but couldnt find anything satisfactory - the thompson didnt seem quite right, so in the end i just picked up the selcof - didnt think to write and see if they did it in a 29.4!! It doesn't seem over-shimmed to me so i'm OK with it.

And thanks for all the positive comments. :)

#26 ·
I agree...not many 29.4's out there. Besides Thomson, Easton make one. I'm w/you though, just like a Thomson doesn't seem quite right, the same rings true for Easton. I do think Selcof might make a 29.4, but I'm not positive. Where did you purchase the Selcof? Deda used to make a 29.4 'BlackStick', as my frameset came with it. Otherwise, it's WR Compositi at $250.

Are those the King Iris cages? Love 'em!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.