Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Bravo Rabobank.

782 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Dan Gerous 
#1 · (Edited)
Gotta give credit where credit's due.

Rabobank has delivered the goods! After a little spot of bother on the Galibier, they've come on strong. Good control, good numbers, good decisions.

Popovych is the domestique of the tour but special mention goes to Boogerd and Menchov. Maaan, what about that Boogerd guy. The lieutenant was always hammering up front on the last climb. I think he's gone above and beyond the call of duty. He's the perfectly suited for a breakaway or a stage win but he gave up all personal goals for the team.

And Menchov is special too not only because he performed well but because he was the leader of his team. He had his own goals of yellow in Paris but he devoted himself to Rasmussen when it was called for. Today, made a giant leap towards winning the Tour. Menchov and Boogerd tenderized the antaganonists and set the table for their leader.

When Menchov made the left turn to the steep slopes of the Aubisque, he completely detonated. He went from pace setter to zero mph. A couple of fans pushed him in appreciation of the effort. That is a good image to remember from this tour.

The job is not done yet but Rasmussen is in good hands with the orange armada.
fc

The orange armada.

See less See more
#2 ·
francois said:
Gotta give credit where credit's due.

Rabobank has delivered the goods! After a little spot of bother on the Galibier, they've come on strong. Good control, good numbers, good decisions.

Popovych is the domestique of the tour but special mention goes to Boogerd and Menchov. Maaan, what about that Boogerd guy. The lieutenant was always hammering up front on the last climb. I think he's gone above and beyond the call of duty. I might have seen him get dropped and come back again.

And Menchov is special too not only because he performed well but because he was the leader of his team. He had his own goals of yellow in Paris but he devoted himself to Rasmussen when it was called for. Today, made a giant leap towards winning the Tour. Menchov and Boogerd tenderized the antaganonists and set the table for their leader.

When Menchov made the left turn to the steep slopes of the Aubisque, he completely detonated. He went from pace setter to zero mph. A couple of fans pushed him in appreciation of the effort. That is a good image to remember from this tour.

fc
Yes!!!! It was great watching the orange and blue on front, totally buried themselves.... what a great effort and end result!!

#4 ·
They have indeed done an excellent job of controlling the race and basically have turned themselves inside out for their leader time and time again.

I wish I felt better about that leader, but you can't take anything away from the rest of the team--they've done really well.

I had no idea that Boogerd could climb so well.

#5 ·
It's a shame Freire couldn't be there.

#9 ·
francois said:
That's what impresses me. He's no spring chicken and he never climbed that well riding for himself.

fc
I remember him climbing pretty well last year in the Tour...

Gotta agree though, very good work from Boogie, Dekker and Menchov. And I hope Freire gets better, I like how he races. I'd love to see him take his fourth rainbow jersey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.