Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Primavera wheels?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mssalleh 
#1 ·
I picked up a NOS set of primavera wheels at a swap meet yesterday and I'm trying to find more info about them. Like did I make a mistake? :)

They are box section rims (not aero), 24 radial front, 28 rear, DS 2X, NDS radial, DT aerolite spokes on some anonymous (no markings) black sealed bearing hubs. I disassembled the rear hub and it seems to be fairly well engineered. I was a little surprised by the amount of drag the seals have but every other hub I've ever had was cup and cone so I'm not really familiar with this new fangled sealed cartridge bearing stuff. They are light, 1450g for the pair.

It seems that "Cicli Primavera" has disappeared without a trace. The domain name has a squatter page on it now (thanks Network Solutions! NOT) and googling Eric Prima turned up nothing useful

So, anyone know anything else about these wheels, like if they will stay together or if I can get spare parts?

Thanks!

#2 ·
buddyp said:
I picked up a NOS set of primavera wheels at a swap meet yesterday and I'm trying to find more info about them. Like did I make a mistake? :)

They are box section rims (not aero), 24 radial front, 28 rear, DS 2X, NDS radial, DT aerolite spokes on some anonymous (no markings) black sealed bearing hubs. I disassembled the rear hub and it seems to be fairly well engineered. I was a little surprised by the amount of drag the seals have but every other hub I've ever had was cup and cone so I'm not really familiar with this new fangled sealed cartridge bearing stuff. They are light, 1450g for the pair.

It seems that "Cicli Primavera" has disappeared without a trace. The domain name has a squatter page on it now (thanks Network Solutions! NOT) and googling Eric Prima turned up nothing useful

So, anyone know anything else about these wheels, like if they will stay together or if I can get spare parts?

Thanks!
I use to sell these. Long story short. Builder is out of business!! Very good builds. I have 2 pairs and all are running very nice.

I might be able to get parts if you need something small. Let me know off this site by PM or email.

You will be fine. They are well made Taiwanese hubs.

The hubs are fine. Just as good as anythig oput there from Taiwan. Built to specs by the same company that builds all the other smaller name hubs out there.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.