Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Super Record 11sp.

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  kytyree 
#1 ·
My LBS got some 11speed Super Record stuff in. It is awfully sexy but the rear derailluer has a $695 price tag on it!!! Yikes!!!

#2 ·
bmxhacksaw said:
My LBS got some 11speed Super Record stuff in. It is awfully sexy but the rear derailluer has a $695 price tag on it!!! Yikes!!!
does that come with hookers and blow?

#4 ·
If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.
Don't you realize how much it will impress other riders when you show up with SR?

#6 ·
info...

cmg said:
from the totalcyling website http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/product/parts_accessories/derailleur_rear_road/RD_SR_11.html

"Top pulley with ceramic ball bushing." what the hell is that?

7 gram difference from Super 11to regular 11, must be the bushing weight.
SR has very minor differences with the much cheaper Record. The upper pulley is a bushing, made of ceramic, while the lower pulley has ceramic ball bearings. The Record RD has ceramic bushings top and bottom.

The bushing at the top has side play to facilitate shifting. You can't do that with a ball bearing.

#7 ·
Dammit 7gr is the chewie gum i holds in my back pocket, and the price difference for the 7gram is...???? Only if you are a weight maniac these 7grs will be death
i have a lot of friends that are weight maniacs and are ridiculous too, men they are wearing top models bikes with ultralight components and 2lb seats bags or michelin lithium clinchers on zipps, funny
Any point of view??

#8 ·
licho76 said:
Dammit 7gr is the chewie gum i holds in my back pocket, and the price difference for the 7gram is...???? Only if you are a weight maniac these 7grs will be death
i have a lot of friends that are weight maniacs and are ridiculous too, men they are wearing top models bikes with ultralight components and 2lb seats bags or michelin lithium clinchers on zipps, funny
Any point of view??
Yea. Learn some punctuation.

#10 ·
couple hundred?

If you add all the prices of the parts to make an 8-piece groupo at places like Excel and Colorado Cyclist, Record and Chorus are both up $1000 or more, or in the 50-75% range. The prices for SR, Record, Chorus and the new DA 7900 are 3425, 2925, 2270 and 2660.

If you check prices at many European online stores, the prices are up 0-10%.

Allegedly, the US wholesale price (from the US importer, not Campy) is about the same as the typical retail price in Europe. Even so, when you can buy an SR group for $2100 in Europe, that's a stout markup.

SR groups are offered as low as $2500 on E-bay, but they still aren't selling very fast. One reason is some have odd crank and cassette offerings, like a 50/34 with a 12-27. Not what the typical SR buyer is likely to choose.

FWIW, a good price on a Record group from Europe (about $1750) is not much higher that the best price you could get from any US source last year.

#13 ·
impressive

MR_GRUMPY said:
If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.
Don't you realize how much it will impress other riders when you show up with SR?
Yes, you can say, "I can turn it up to 11." ;-)

I used to do some autocross. We always got a kick out of the occasional Ferrari that would show up. We loved seeing them, but knew we'd still beat them with something like my Toyota MR2 Supercharged.

#14 ·
The biggest problem is not the price. LBS is getting top dollar because they have them. Felt Bicycles has a 60 day exclusive on DA 7900, LBS won't be seeing these until December sometime. Those who have gotten the SR 11 are getting 2-3 at time. They are even tight in Europe! Supply is the biggest problem right now for both companies and therefore the LBS that has them can charge whatever they want. All the websites are showing them in the catalog but few actually have them in stock.

#15 ·
????

Supplies are limited in Europe too, but they are NOT increasing prices 50-75%. You can preorder and get prices that are the same or lower than 2008, now that the value of the dollar has risen.

The price of a Record group has fallen to $1512 at some stores and the Super Record group is only $1830 - compare that to $3425 at Excel.

#16 ·
I got lucky yesterday in my LBS and purchased one of 2 sets they had just gotten delivered. One was presold. It will be fitted to to my new 2009 Look 586 Origin. I didn't pay 1800 for it but it was significantly less than the 3400 at Excel. Nonetheless I can't wait for the delivery of the new bike!

G
#18 ·
I cannot imagine why anyone would pay the prices currently listed for the new Campy groups here in the US. As several have pointed out, you can order one from Europe for just a little more than a new 2008 group cost right now. They want more more the Chorus 11 group here than the Record 11 in Europe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.