Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Nagasawa

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  kiwisimon 
#1 ·
#5 ·
That ain't no tight bike. Heck, those are like 22 mm tubulars on there. I've seen Nags from a few years earlier when tight was really in fashion -- a 19 mm front tubular, light on the glue, and you can just slip a piece of paper between the tire and the fork crown. Had one, in fact. And I have a top American-made bike from just a couple years ago that scrapes if the tire is anything but perfectly round. Roll off the banking onto the apron hard and you hear a sibilance as the tire is compressed slightly and pushes up to polish the underside of the fork crown. In the rear, the seat tube is crimped slightly and the rear tire hits the seat tube well before it's all the way forward in the slots. I can get an amazingly short wheelbase on that bike -- so short I can't fit it on any rollers except one pair that was custom modified with this problem in mind.

#8 ·
11.4 said:
That ain't no tight bike. Heck, those are like 22 mm tubulars on there. I've seen Nags from a few years earlier when tight was really in fashion -- a 19 mm front tubular, light on the glue, and you can just slip a piece of paper between the tire and the fork crown. Had one, in fact. And I have a top American-made bike from just a couple years ago that scrapes if the tire is anything but perfectly round. Roll off the banking onto the apron hard and you hear a sibilance as the tire is compressed slightly and pushes up to polish the underside of the fork crown. In the rear, the seat tube is crimped slightly and the rear tire hits the seat tube well before it's all the way forward in the slots. I can get an amazingly short wheelbase on that bike -- so short I can't fit it on any rollers except one pair that was custom modified with this problem in mind.
I was using "tight" in the sense that smokers of potent weed use it. "Hey, man, this is TIGHT."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.