Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

New GT GTR Carbon Sport (pics)

9K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  PlatyPius 
#1 ·
Just built up this bike and wanted to share. FSA SLK-Light cranks, Easton EA90SLX wheelset, Dura Ace rear der and cass, older Ultegra shifters and brakes to be replaced in the future. Weight was 16lb 10oz, not too bad considering the components.

See less See more
#11 ·
They went bankrupt back around 2002. Dorel bought them along with Cannondale, Mongoose and Schwinn. Dorel kept GT and C-dale IBD only. After the bankruptcy, GT was bare bones for a while, but now they have a full product line again and have Jelly Belly riding their road bikes.

#13 ·
rballa said:
They went bankrupt back around 2002. Dorel bought them along with Cannondale, Mongoose and Schwinn. Dorel kept GT and C-dale IBD only. After the bankruptcy, GT was bare bones for a while, but now they have a full product line again and have Jelly Belly riding their road bikes.
Actually, Questor bought GT a little after GT founder Richard Long was killed, they had just previously purchased Schwinn also. Questor ran both companies into the ground before Pacific snatched them up in Bankruptcy court. Dorel Purchased GT this year from Pacific.

#15 ·
OnTheRivet said:
Actually, Questor bought GT a little after GT founder Richard Long was killed, they had just previously purchased Schwinn also. Questor ran both companies into the ground before Pacific snatched them up in Bankruptcy court. Dorel Purchased GT this year from Pacific.
Actually, Dorel bought Pacific. All of it.

As for the bike....
The GT Carbon Sport is one of the best-riding carbon bikes I've tried. I want one.

#16 ·
Me likes the bike. Hope you enjoy the hell out of it. Did buy a complete bike or build it up?

#17 ·
rward325 said:
Me likes the bike. Hope you enjoy the hell out of it. Did buy a complete bike or build it up?
He built it.

The Carbon Sport comes with a complete 105 group. Including hubs. That's the Arione saddle that comes with the bike, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.