Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Diadora Speedracer Carbon R Road Shoe

19K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Christoph 
#1 ·
Anybody have any experience with this shoe? I wear a 47, and I have Time pedals. I saw them at Nashbar for $100.00. Any help is much appreciated.

#2 ·
yeti said:
Anybody have any experience with this shoe? I wear a 47, and I have Time pedals. I saw them at Nashbar for $100.00. Any help is much appreciated.
Great. I'm so glad I ordered some for the store - at $220/pair retail.

*sigh*

#4 ·
I'm sure the ones at Nashbar are 2008 or 2009 models (since cost is more than $100 on 2010s), but it's still a PITA to see them selling the shoes that cheap. As for experience with them, I have none. I just signed up with Diadora in November. I'm waiting for my pair to arrive (the red ones haven't shipped yet), so I won't be any help for a while, I'm thinking.

#5 ·
similar

yeti said:
I have used Diadora's in the past and currently have a pair of Ergo Carbons (size 48) which is similar. Diadora tends to fit euro-narrow which works well for me. Width is similar to Sidi although maybe a bit longer lengthwise. Not sure that it matters but the Speedracer carbon does not use an all-carbon sole. Its a interior carbon panel for stiffness with an outside of TPU which is a plastic material. The TPU probably does help with wear. I have this sole and its feels pretty stiff. With Nashbar's return policy it a low risk to try them

#6 ·
Different experience here.
I had a set of Diadora's and now ride Ergo 2's.
The Diadora's are slightly longer and definitely wider.
Both were 46's.
I would probably say that if I was buying again I would be looking for either a 45 or a 45.5.
Great shoes though.

#8 · (Edited)
I have the 2006 Speedracer Carbon that I purchased on closeout from my LBS mid-June 2009 for $127.99+tax. I love these shoes. Quality buckle and good ventilation. 43.5 fits me like a glove. I wear a 43 in Shimano. I am a recreational rider and ride RAIN every summer. I was a little hesitant with white but they are unique and holding up well. The red accents color coordinate with my bike so I am very happy with my purchase. BTW, white shoes are the fastest color in case you are interested.

Mine say "Carbon Dual Sole" on the bottom. It is described as a rigid carbon body with a soft polymer shell.

#11 ·
Got a set of those shoes last week. They are fantastic! Only a couple rides so far but they feel better (for me) than any shoes i've had prior.
You know that rare ocurrence when you slip on a shoe and you hear angels singing? That is what happened when I put these on. For the record these were the 4th set of shoes I mail ordered and returned recently so I am happy to find a winner.

One con on them is that the screw holes for cleat mounting on mine were not perfectly level and took a little manipulation to mount my speedplay cleats correctly. It would not have been an issue with a look or time cleat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.