Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Props for LBS

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Anthony_boi 
#1 ·
Stopped by my favorite shop today, and explained that I had bought a used bike and was afraid it was too small for me. They set me up on the trainer and picked out a new stem, moved the saddle back into an appropriate spot, and gave me some pointers on my pedal stroke. He gave me a stock stem from another bike for $15, and said if I wanted to come back and trade up to one that matches my components/bike I could, but it wasn't necessary. Also suggested wider handlebars, but only after I get used to the new reach in the first place. $35 for the modified bike fit, all seems reasonable. Is this a fair deal? I'm still very new to all of this, so I know what good customer service is but not what a good deal is as of yet.

Going to try my first attempt at posting pictures on here, one of my old set up at Ault Park in Cincy, one of my new adjustments today in front of an abandoned church. Many thanks to Charleston Bicycle Company!

#4 ·
Yeah they hooked you up. Sounds like you got a good shop there.

#11 ·
Sounds like a shop that wants a return customer. Good job by them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.