Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Decent deal on a Kuat NV 2" hitch rack

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  peedee 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I figured I would update this. I ordered the Kuat NV rack from the ebay link above midmorning on Monday and recieved it yesterday afternoon on Wednesday. Fastest free ground shipping (Indiana to Texas) I have ever seen. It was as advertised, new in an unopened box. Put it together and everything is great.

#9 ·
Finally assembled and installed the rack. Assembly was quick, simple and without drama. Installation on my vehicle the same. Then I went to put my bike on the rack on the spot closest to the back of my vehicle and it will not fit. The pedal on the inward side hits the spare tire (I have a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited) which interferes with placement of the bike just enough to not allow you to use this portion of the rack. The outer side of the rack is fine so at this point I can only carry one bike. In order to get two bikes on this rack I will need to add a hitch extension of approximately 4". Also the rack will not fold up all the way into the locked position due to interference with spare tire as well. Now if I want the rear door to open all the way with no bikes on the rack I will need to obtain a drop hitch with a drop of approximately 6". It looks like a company called Blue Ox manufactures the extended drop hitch I need to make this work. Other than that I have no complaints about the rack. Just fyi, the spare tire is the factory original for this model. Will post again once I have this situation straightened out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.