Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

2011 Mavic Cosmic Elite

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Brandon351 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried a set? It appears they have dropped 200g in weight. I was thinking of picking up some for a training/time trial wheel.
Feedback Please!

#3 ·
I bought a set a month ago, after dealing with countless broken spoke issues with Easton. I am 185, and am fairly strong. so far the Mavic Cosmic Elite's seem to be a great wheel. I just started racing this year, do lots of centuries, and am doing the RAIN ride in July. i bought these so I do not have to worry about breaking. They are not the lightest, but then again, the Eastons were light, and all they got me was a ton of grief. Go with the Mavic's. By the way I bought them because a friend has them, and has had no issues. I also like the updated graphics.

#4 ·
I have a set that's 10 years old and aside from the brake track starting to get kinda thin they've been pretty good wheels for the flats. I find they suck in the rain though. They fill up and don't drain well. So they get really heavy and you can hear a lot of sloshing around. Cool stuff. Maybe they've fixed this on the newer models, I don't know. Also, I switched the nipples on the drive side to brass cause alu sucks there. The spokes like twisting around to. Going from my exp, they're pretty durable wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.