Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Almost pulled the trigger on a Wilier Cento1, but started thinking about cable routes

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  twiggy 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a current design Ridley Noah. I've always hated the sloppy shifting that I think is caused by the angle of the cable into the frame. Gore cables helped but didn't solve it. I swore I would never have internal cables again.

I've been looking at a Wilier Cento1, but it has internal routing through the chain stay. I've been googling the topic of shift quality and it sounds questionable. But nearly all those reports were a couple of years old, I am assuming that this is the design that had problems(?)

Bike with old design? (click on close ups)

Here is the current design shown in the pic on this page

Current design

Has the problem been solved with this full internal routing?

#3 ·
On one of the cycling websites (maybe Pezcyclingnews.com ?) they did a review of the Cento1 not long ago and I remember them suggesting that it had sloppy rear shifting, perhaps as a result of the internal routing through the curved chainstay..... Who knows...I can't see Wilier selling a bike with an obvious flaw like that? Its an amazing looking bike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.