Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Reynolds R2

11K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  scottzj 
#1 ·
Are these new to the Reynolds line up or have I just been over looking them? Looks like they are a step below the Attacks. Anyone riding them?

#4 ·
R2 Experience

Bought a set in early November. Fitted with Grifo Challenge 32mm cross tires. Hoops are used on my Moots cyclocross bike. Ride mostly on country dirt roads. The hubs are great and the rims absorb a ton of vibration. However, with only four rides on them (approx 250 miles) I am concerned about the durability of the brake surface. I am using the Reynolds supplied brake pads but I am already seeing degradation of the braking surface (see photo). Black finish is worn and you can see sub-surface. Interestingly this has only occurred on the front rim (both sides). I plan to consult my LBS where I bought them

#8 ·
I bought a pair of the clinchers a couple weeks ago as backup for my Easton tubulars.

Its not a bad wheel for what you pay. Its 1000 msrp.

The bang for the buck version is the tubular one. It weighs in at around 1140-ish grams. It would make a pretty good climbing wheel if your into that type of riding.

#9 ·
I just picked a new set of these for a really good deal, debating what is best use of them thought

Right now plan is too put them on a cross bike that is more setup for gravel grinding / dirt road type of rides. I would run them with 35s using trp V brakes. There are some extended descents on some of my rides but i can switch wheels for that if I have to.

Any suggestions on brake pads?

They are the clinchers, any feedback on them for the above purpose?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.