Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

selle flite italia?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  hotwheels22 
#1 ·
anyone happen to know of a good place to get a great deal on this saddle? my old one busted two weeks ago and i tested a couple and am going with this saddle again.

i am in the US and found this deal but wanted to check in case i can do any better;

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/selle-italia-flite-saddle

TIA for any advice.

#5 ·
hi H.

thanks. i am a bit of a newbie with some of this but the advice on the wheels on the forum was pretty fantastic all around.

the rail on my old one busted last week (it was a used purchase) and am i correct in thinking this is effectively my one route in terms of rails? i've settled on the saddle and the price looks right so the rails seems like the only thing that i should check...

http://www.amazon.com/Selle-Italia-Bicycle-Saddle-Titanium/dp/accessories/B0010ALJGS

pretty much good to go with this link as far as you are concerned...?

THANKS

#6 ·
The same saddle is listed in the Ribble Link above and is $30 cheaper (delivered price is ~$108 to the US). If you are unfamiliar w/ Ribble you'll find thru a quick search that they are highly reputable and a solid online choice. They are the first place I look...

#7 ·
guys.

sorry. can someone please help me with the model selection on this one last time? my LBS was telling me that there were just 3 versions of the Selle Italia - the really thin one i have as a loaner (whose name i can't remember and is too thin), the Flite and the Max (which was way to wide).

i am looking to replace the one i have now with a CUTOUT in the middle and i am looking at the Flite here on the top left - but this says "OVAL RAILS"?. Are there variations other than COLOR on the Flite? Is there more than one Flite Model?:

Search results for flite

IS this the same as this one which is 108 GBP?:

Selle Italia Flite Gelflow Saddle $131

I mean I must be looking for a "Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow Saddle"??

Have i got that right??

Thanks!

#9 ·
I've used many a saddle in an attempt to find the perfect fit... Many as a result have been a$$ hatchets. Personal preference (gel inserts, carbon, ti rails, etc.), your sit bones width, & dialing it in will be your determining factors.
The saddle you list is one I had used previously & for me, I'd rate it an 8 out of 10. The saddle I currently run on both my bikes I'll add below for your consideration. It is the Selle Italia Superflow 145mm, and for me it is a perfect 10. It is hard to find in the US & when you do it is $300+. at Ribble they have both the 145mm & 130mm widths for $164. Just another option.
Selle Italia SLR Superflow 145 Saddle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.