Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Rolf vector pro wheels

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  laffeaux 
#1 ·
I just started riding my 98 Klein, with Rolf Vector pro wheels that I added in 98. They still look as sexy as the day they were put on.
Just wondering how these wheels compare to todays wheels.

#2 ·
Unless there are any suspicious symptoms or overly-worn, they're considered pretty robust. Their weight isn't mind-blowing and many detract from low-spoke counts.

I've been hunting for some gold ones just to have. I like their look. I'm just weirded out to how they're still somewhat commanding relatively high prices for their age.

#3 ·
I have the Rolf Echelon, and my friend runs the Vigor, which looks exactly like your Vector. I think they look awesome and I've run some damn rough roads with no issues. Even crashed once and only had to get the front wheel slightly trued.

I'd say Rolf still knows what they're doing.

#4 ·
I have a set of 2001(ish) Vector Pros on my "beater" bike. I think that they work great. They're not as light as the American Classic wheels that I have on my main ride, but they're much more laterally stiff. Unless you're looking to lose weight, newer wheels aren't going to ride any better. (And the Vector Pros aren't "that" heavy - just not light weight.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.