Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

First new bike: Trek 7.1 FX or Bianchi Torino?

13K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  joshhan 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am trying to deciding between which bike I should get for my first bike. I will be using the bike to commute to and from school (about 6 miles each way) as well as running errands and such. Both bikes are from local LBSs and I've test ridden both of them, and honestly, I can't tell the difference. They are both going for about $425 (the Bianchi I might be able to talk down to $400), and basically I'm wondering which one would be better in terms of quality, ease of maintenance (I know next to nothing about bikes) and resellability as there's a chance I might need to move and craigslist it down the road. Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
To my untrained eye, the frame geometry looks almost exactly the same on both bikes with the stem determining a more upright riding position on the Bianchi.

I have a 2011 7.5 FX and it's been great so far. Probably have 800 miles on since this past fall. I have no experience with the Bianchi. But if you need to CL it, the name recognition of the Trek might help sell it quicker.

#6 ·
I don't think you could go wrong with either. But I haven't been in this game too long but I know both names are pretty big.

And if you want $400, throw $375 out there, then maybe they'll meet you in the middle at $400...but don't forget, your LBS is your best friend for bike stuff (usually), so don't insult by low balling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.