Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Selle Italia saddles

14K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  George M 
#1 ·
I have the SLR Max Flow 145 mm now and it feels pretty good, but I was wondering if the padding is firmer on the gel flow flight in a 145, or about the same. Thanks for any replies.

#2 ·
Do you mean you have the SLR Superflow 145? Or the SLS Max Flow 145?

I have the SLR Superflow 145 and I love it. Going to one of their gel saddles would be a little cushier and a little heavier. But that aside, the shape is pretty different between the Superflow 145 and the Flite Gel Flow. You won't know until you try it out.

#4 ·
Just curious, is there an 145 version of Gel Flow Flite? I have Gel Flow Flite 130 but bought the Max SLR Flow as I could not find wider version of my Flite (as it was too narrow for me).

Anyway, knowing these two, the 130 Flite gel flow is as firm (or soft) as 145 gel flow Max SLR.

#5 ·
Yes they did come out with a 145 Flite. I use to have a SLR 130, but it was just a little to narrow. I talked to a fitter and he told me I would be better off going a little wider, so I could move around a little. He was right. I wrote to Selle Italia and they said that the SLR was slightly softer, but the base was made where it would form more to your sit bones. It sounds like a winner to me.

#7 ·
I have tried a lot of saddles. Arione, Antares and Aliante among the Fizik tribe, Toupe and Romin in the Spec roundup, and have ended up with the SE Superflow 145 on all my bikes, including my TT machine. Great saddle. I even tracked one down in white to match my white CAAD10.

#8 ·
Wow this is a timely thread! I recently broke my basic SLR after 7 years of pretty hard if not consistent use. I really liked it for 45 minutes or so but after that the fact that it was too narrow for me became apparent. Still, for crit and cross races it was good.

I bought Selle Italia SL Flow saddle from Performance bike last year and it was good for a while but more and more it has developed a "saddle" shape from front to back that I always slide into. The SLR however maintained its flat shape to the end.

Can anyone with the SLR Superflow comment on whether or not it keeps its flatness or does it bend a lot and lose its shape?

#10 ·
Like some of us I rode the 1990's version of the Flite Ti saddle for years and like it. At some point I switched to the Slr xp. I found that the third day in a row of 100 k rides,my butt was sore and decided ( bought into the hype ?) of Fizik. I have and like the carbon rail Antares but find after 10,000 k's it starts to sag in the middle. Today I found a Flite Carbonio 150gr. and bought it, partially because it looks/reminds me the most of the old Flites.
I like my Antares, disliked the Arione, it felt like I was sitting on a couch (way to soft) but I have this comfortable feeling with the Flite.
What's with the circle, hole at the back of these things? Does anyone know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.