Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Seven Resolute vs. Co-Motion Espresso vs. Jamis Eclipse

10K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  BikesOfALesserGod 
#1 ·
I am upgrading my current entry level Novara for a long-distance type, lighter, steel, road bike. I am debating between the Jamus Eclipse or spending the extra cash to go custom, either the Seven Resolute or the Co-Motion Espresso? Any thoughts? Not as much written out there about Co-Motion and some people have called Seven's Resolute an upscale commuter bike. I need a bike to do 100-200 mile type rides.

#7 · (Edited)
If you're more concerned about distance than speed and you're going to be cycling over 100 miles, you might also want to consider a touring road bike. Otherwise the SOMA Smoothie might be more appealing to you.

Just go to the following SOMA website and select your frame:

Road Frames

* SOMA makes some of the very best in Chromoly Tange Prestige heat-treated steel.

#10 ·
The Jamis is nothing special. It's a general purpose road bike but not what is considered ideal for 200 mile rides. If you go custom, either Seven or Co-Motion is a good choice. The advantage is the bikes are built just the way you want them to ride and to your dimensions.

#11 ·
Before you lose your shirt, checkout the Jamis Bosanova and the Raleigh Clubman.

* These are both quality chromoly steel framed road bikes that will be just great for weekend credit card touring.

#17 ·
Ok so after much research, riding and wringing of hands. I am down to the Seven Resolute and the IF Crown Jewel Steel. Leaning towards IF. Any thoughts? Or is it now just a matter of personal preference.

In addition, is Di2 worth the $1000 premium, or will ultegra 6700 be good enough?

#18 ·
IMO, if you have to ask between Di2 and mechanical you are probably better off with mechanical. To me electronic is something you can get after you figure out your needs through experience.

Me, I recommend Campy :)

As for Seven or IF, you can't go wrong with either. I'm a happy IF owner FWIW but would've easily picked a Seven too but my want for an IF dated all the way back to the 90s/early 2000s and I just had to scratch that itch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.