Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Opinions on TIME ICLIC TITAN CARBON CARBOFLEX ROAD PEDALS ???

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DrSmile 
#1 ·
I need a pair of road pedals on my bike.
What do u think about the TIME ICLIC TITAN CARBON CARBOFLEX ROAD PEDALS ?

Thanks.....

#3 ·
I got 4 pairs. Initially I gave them great reviews mainly due to easy in, easy out, good float, light weight.

Since then, my opinion on them has changed for the worse, mainly because they are a little flimsy, and I'm referring to both the cleats and the pedal platform. A lot of big guys will tell you that they break these cleats walking like a lot. While breaking cleats is not my main issue, my main issue is that the platform are cheap plastic and they will break if you lay your bike down sideway a lot (this forces one of the pedal to be a support point as the bike is on its side). Now you may ask, why would I need to lay my bike down sideway a lot? it's because I put my bike in my trunk so it's laid sideway. So now I have to use a thick piece of foam to pad underneath the pedal and also another piece of foam to prop up the crank spindle (as this will take pressure off the pedal). I was very surprised at how flimsy the plastic platform is. It's basically hollow inside (that's part of the reason why the pedals are light).

If I were in the market for pedals, I'd seriously consider the Keywin pedals
Keywin Bicycle Pedals USA

#5 ·
The Titans are the top level pedals and made of carbon. The Racer pedal is plastic resin. I had multiple bearing issues with the Racer pedals due to pedal flex. Luckily, Time always warrantied them for me. I did get a set of the Carbon pedals which have been good so far and have also gotten a set of Xpresso 6 pedals. I also regularly lay my bike down in the back of my SUV and wonder if that might be a possible cause of the issues I've had.

#6 ·
I think the general consensus is that the previous RXS pedals are more durable (I've had them for 8 years). Even those pedals had issues when first released, including the front portion breaking off and the axles unwinding from the pedals. The good news is that Time generally stands behind their products and will replace any damaged pedals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.