Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Any fellow Uniglide folks out there? Or Dura Ace peeps perhaps?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  satanas 
#1 ·
One of the reasons I joined yesterday is because I'm swapping the UG body on my wheelset (DA7400/7402 with Mavic Open 4CD rims) for a compatible 7403 HG body but I haven't been able to find a LBS yet with the necessary tool: FH10

Does anyone have a good idea as to where I could start a discussion about places in the Boston area that have it & can put it to good use? :) I usually go to Ace Wheel Works in Somerville, but their one guy with this tool moved to Cali & took it with him. I even called Harris Cyclery in West Newton to find out that they don't seem to have it in the shop there, either.

Let me know if you have any bright ideas!!!

-- xtownbeantown

#2 ·
I have the tool (and several hubs that require it) but I'm on another continent so I'm afraid that doesn't help you. If I was you I'd try ringing around, or else CC an email to every shop vaguely locally who has an email address.

What I'd like to know is where you got the freehub body, and whether more are available. :)

#4 ·
I would check with Hub Cycle in Inman Square Cambridge (or is Inman in Sommerville?)

Not that I think they are more likely to have the tool than any other shop but they are super helpful there and given that repair is their thing (they sell odds & ends but don't even sell bikes) they probably won't brush off your inquiry like other Boston shops who are just looking to sell product would. The people there have worked at other shops so probably have connections to ask and try to track it down for you.

Super nice/helpful people there who know what they are doing. Every time I've been in there they are working on clunker commuter or ride around the block type bikes but don't let that fool you.....they're good with any type of bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.