Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Shimano R064 Shoes + Exustar Arc Z cleats compatibility and Medial knee problems!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KenRider 
#1 ·
Hello fellow riders,

Just wondering from the pictures attached I have actually tried my best to set the center of the axle to the closest to the ball of my foot, but it's the closest I can get. ( Black marker dot is where my ball is and tiny line on the red cleat is where the marked center of axle is.)

I recently upgraded from shimano cleats/pedals and have no problems setting them up(although I got medial knee pains in the past from my ignorance). Since I have upgraded pedals I just feel like my leg isn't really "connected" to the pedals somehow.

So I am just wondering, is this normal for exustar cleats? Should I change shoes or is SpeedPlay really worth the dollars?

Thanks for your time and patience!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the same situation with Look cleats and pedals. It depends on where the ball of your foot is in the shoe, where the holes are in the shoe, and the range of the holes in the cleats. Look and Look-compatible cleats I've seen all have the same relative hole spacing. Also, it's usual to have the center of the pedal axle a cm or two behind the ball of the foot.

Again, it'll depend on your foot, the shoe, and the cleats as to whether you can position axle further forward with Speedplay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.