Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Warmth/Fabric Weight Difference between Peal Izuimi SELECT and ELITE Bib Tights

825 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mylemsky 
#1 ·
Since Winter is coming, I've decided to purchase some new winter riding gear. I ordered the Peal Izumi Select Thermal Big Tights. They fit really well and are really comfortable. However, the fabric is a bit thinner than I was expecting. It was 55*F here yesterday, so that wasnt a fair assessment of its warmth.

Does anyone know if the next step up, the Elite Thermal Bib Tights, have a heavier fabric? I cant seem to find any info or a review of both. I know the Elite Barrier Tights would be warmer, but that might be too much for me.

I have knee and leg warmers. Im looking for something to wear from 45*F to 35*F. Any colder than freezing and I will either get on the trainer or take the day off. I'll wear these on the road this winter and mountain biking.

#2 ·
IME the PI thermal tights are good to about 40, but of course that is personal. I can't comment on the other PI tights since I don't own them. I do have a pair of Boure' thermal tights and they are enough thicker than the PI thermals (but not too thick) that they are pretty good (for me) in the 35-45 range.

#3 ·
Last year I bought the Elite Thermal Tights (not bib tights). I wear them over my bib shorts on days that leg warmers are not enough. They are definitely thicker and warmer than normal leg warmers. If it is too cold with those on (40s or below) then I would rather not ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.