Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Venge Elite 105 vs. Expert vs. Pro

14K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Rashadabd 
#1 ·
Hi there,

was just wondering if anybody could tell me the little differences between the versions of the venge. I used the specialized site to compare them and i understand that there are differences in the fact10/11 carbon manufacturing. Basically i want the lowest model because of the price but im confused that if i check for the frames i only find the expensives one everywhere. so why is e.g. :

the elite 105 with the fact10 somewhere around 2500,- Euro while the frameset is only available as fact10 for 2400,-

100 Euro for the whole rest of the bike seems so low ? its not possible to get the cheaper less stiff frame seperatly cause most search results just show the frame for way more money :)

thanks

tim

#2 ·
I believe you are looking at it the correct way. All the lower models of Venge are the same frame. You are basically getting the frame cheaper if you want to buy the full bike, so I'd go that way if you can find an easy way to sell off the rest of the parts.

#3 ·
The Venge is kind of anomaly because it isn't offered in 8r/9r carbon like the less expensive Roubaix and Tarmac. I read a rumor that "Pro" frames include a 10r frame bundled with an 11r fork but I haven't seen that claim substantiated by Specialized. Really the only reason to buy the Pro Venge frame vs. the complete bike would be color preference.

#4 ·
Basically, manufacturers like Specialized and Trek want to discourage you from buying framesets. They want you to buy the complete bike. Companies like Felt, Giant, Cervelo, Argon 18, Devinci, etc., on the other hand, get that, while some customers like buying complete bikes, others like to customize and build up from scratch and they offer their frames at reasonable prices.

#5 ·
Basically, manufacturers like Specialized and Trek want to discourage you from buying framesets. They want you to buy the complete bike. Companies like Felt, Giant, Cervelo, Argon 18, Devinci, etc., on the other hand, get that, while some customers like buying complete bikes, others like to customize and build up from scratch and they offer their frames at reasonable prices.
In bold...why do you believe Specialized discourages frameset purchase? Can you show tangible proof relative to other manufactures?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.