Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Cannondale T2000 tourer >> CX bike??

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DavidK 
#1 ·
Long story short: I wound up with two high-end road bikes because of a car vs. bike wreck. Both of the road bikes are ok, so I'm thinking of turning one of them into a high-speed, high-end tourer for credit card touring. I bought some Specialized Armadillos, and will be ordering a Tubus rack + seat stay clamps and quick release adapter (it has no braze-ons or eyelets).

That would leave me with no particular use for my Cannondale T2000.

(http://www.nbeener.com/T2000.html)

I was thinking this might be a relatively easy way for me to get a cyclocross bike together. Never had one. Totally new to the idea.

Any thoughts? Am I just a pair of semi-knobby tires away, or is there much more to do (and, if so, what)?

I wouldn't be pursuing anything too technical. Fire roads up in the mountains, non-technical single-track, etc.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts....

#2 ·
Not Optimal - Should Work OK

I rode and raced an old steel touring bike for a season and a half and it worked ok. The handling was slow and the bb was too close to the ground but I was able to to get a taste of cross racing/riding. The taste grew and I decided I really wanted a cross bike so I got a Kona JTS.

I imagine that a Cannondale touring bike would be a better introduction bike than then one I used. Get the tires and go ride. Try a race. You will either love it or decide that its not for you.

David K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.