Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Campy Record 10 Speed and Super Record 11 Speed Front Chain Ring and Crank Arm

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DrSmile 
#1 ·
I currently have a 53/39T with 170mm arm Record 10 Speed. Would I have shifting issues if I replaced it with a 50/34T with 170mm Super Record 11 Speed crank?

Thanks

#2 ·
No. The 10 and 11 cranks are interchangeable in practice.

You must have a lot of money. SR is God's way of telling you that maybe you have too much.

Chorus is just as good.

#4 ·
Yes, same BB. Nice thing about Campy UT is ease of swapping cranks.

#6 ·
Undo bolt.

Remove NDS.

Pull clip out.

Remove DS.

To install.

Put clip back close to insertion, but not inserted.

Put DS crank in.

Seat the clip ends so that the DS bearing is held in place.

Put NDS crank in. Don't forget wavywasher. Tighten bolt.

off you go

#7 ·
Make sure that the FD has "Std + Ct" or something like that stamped on it... some of the older FD's were one or the other and not both.

#8 ·
I just swapped the cranks on my bike like you want to do, except I went Chorus to Chorus. Honestly the easiest swap I have ever done. The only negative is the crank says 11 speed on it, and my bikes a 10 speed, but I got over that in less than 11 seconds.

#10 ·
Technically, SR has it's own BB without the grease seals. But it will still work.

#11 ·
The FD says 10 speed QS.
That could still be the standard one. The current universal ones look like this. When using a compact it's better to have the newer FD.

Technically, SR has it's own BB without the grease seals. But it will still work.
OP has Record now, not SR.

#12 ·
OP has Record now, not SR.
OP wants to switch to SR. The bottom brackets are actually different with the newer versions of the SR BB. The old ones were identical except for the seals. The good news is the new ones will still hold the seals if you transplant them from a non-SR BB. You can run the SR ceramic bearing crank with seals. I have done this for 4 years now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.