Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Cratoni Ceron?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Scott.Weinberg 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone know anything about Cratoni helmets?

In my continuing search for a helmet that'll give my huge head a less dorky look (Pneumo, Ghisallo, Atmos so far... Atmos being the one I wear mostly right now) I've come upon CRATONI CERON :)rolleyes: I thought we wear helmets to avoid ending up with conditions like "Cratoni Ceron" ?)

Not at all familier with the brand or the helmet though.

How's their "Orbit Mirco-Fit retention system" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ?

Btw Met Stradivarious II is the other one I'm going to try next. I'd like to try the Catlike Whisper but it's nowhere to be found.

#3 ·
I had a Met Stradivarius, which I loved. It fit my large, round head. I recently switched to Catlike Kompact, but the Met has larger "capacity". The Kompact's retention is at its absolute outer limit, but with the Met I actually had a little bit of excess capacity.

That said, I like the look of the Kompact a little better, and it's even a little more rare in the US, if that makes a difference.

#5 · (Edited)
orange_julius said:
I had a Met Stradivarius, which I loved. It fit my large, round head. I recently switched to Catlike Kompact, but the Met has larger "capacity". The Kompact's retention is at its absolute outer limit, but with the Met I actually had a little bit of excess capacity.

That said, I like the look of the Kompact a little better, and it's even a little more rare in the US, if that makes a difference.
I ordered Met Stradivarious from Total but I received an email from them a few days later saying they are not allowed to ship Met helmets to US....

Also I tried a Cratoni Ceron and ... let's say I didn't like it much... kinda small and I didn't like the front end shape much...

How about Limar 950 or LAS Haxial Helmut with Optional Aerator? Haxial looks a bit funky to me though...

#6 ·
6was9 said:
I ordered Met Stradivarious from Total but I received an email from them a few days later saying they are not allowed to ship Met helmets to US....

Also I tried a Cratoni Ceron and ... let's say I didn't like it much... kinda small and I didn't like the front end shape much...

How about Limar 950 or LAS Haxial Helmut with Optional Aerator? Haxial looks a bit funky to me though...
The bummer about Met is that their helmets are not certified for use in the US. Not that it stopped me from buying one in Europe and bringing it over.

I never tried a Limar before. I was considering the LAS, but the place where I was getting it from carried only the one below the Haxial. The Haxial looks crazy though, and the fairing is a great place to add a personal touch of art!

If I recall correctly, the largest-size Bell has a similar fit with the size L Met that I had. The Kompact was odd at first: when I first got it, I was convinced that it couldn't contain my head. Turns out that I had to rotate the entire helmet forward a bit. The fit turns out to be excellent, and feels lighter with more ventilation than the Met.

The Met was great, but I crashed it out. I'm waiting for a replacement through a friend in Europe, but that took a while so I went with the Catlike Kompact. I do like the look of the Catlike better than the Met. Very steamlined!

#7 ·
orange_julius said:
The Met was great, but I crashed it out. I'm waiting for a replacement through a friend in Europe, but that took a while so I went with the Catlike Kompact. I do like the look of the Catlike better than the Met. Very steamlined!
I should also add that while the Catlike Whisper with its 1,536 holes is the higher-end model, what's up with having 1,536 holes??? Minus two for style points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.