RoadBikeReview Member

Reminder: The Speedway Cenutry is coming...

Date and time: 10/25/2009 07:30 AM
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

It's not easy being green
    I'm there dude!

Sluggo

What's the route?

I might be in Miami the weekend of October 24. Is there a route map for the ride anywhere?
    South Miami-Dade doesn't have as many cars on its streets as Metro Miami, but I can't imagine the roads would be traffic free.

Check out the Everglades Bike Club web site. There are maps for the different distances. A well supported ride and the weather should be nice. Miami's traffic,well..........

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxattax
    I might be in Miami the weekend of October 24. Is there a route map for the ride anywhere?
    South Miami-Dade doesn't have as many cars on its streets as Metro Miami, but I can't imagine the roads would be traffic free.

I'm sorry - I thought this guy was kidding. I figured it was 100 miles around Homestead Speedway. The NASCAR boys don't need road maps, and I didn't think cyclists would.

Please carry on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxattax
    They don't have a "Map" to see the actual route, but it's all rural roads basically.

Very few cars. You will ride into Everglades National Park, rural South Dade and the Old Nike Missile site.

WELL supported and fun. Its one lap on the Speedway, then out to the course.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

Well...who made it? I was there and had a blast. Was right behind the guy on the mountain bike who endoed out of the tunnel. Close one!