Stage 1: Monday, Feb. 19 - Sausalito to Santa Rosa
    Stage 2: Tuesday, Feb. 20 - Santa Rosa to Sacramento
    Stage 3: Wednesday, Feb. 21 - Stockton to San Jose
    Stage 4: Thursday, Feb. 22 - Seaside to San Luis Obispo
    Stage 5: Friday, Feb. 23 - Solvang time trial
    Stage 6: Saturday, Feb. 24 - Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita
    Stage 7: Sunday, Feb. 25 - Long Beach circuit race

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    A bicycle isn't like a free meal; its a meal you get paid to eat.
    [author unknown].

My back hurts
    Well, we won't have a finish and a start here in San Luis Obispo, but a finish is more than I thought we would get this coming year. I'm already looking forward to seeing them fly into town again. I'm also happy to see my old town Long Beach get a stage.
    Balls.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Too bad there won't be a start in San Luis next year. I followed the tour for a few days last year and by far the best town was San Luis Obispo. The finish was great, but it was hard to beat meeting so many riders just hanging out in the start area before they started out towards SB. Early on there were more riders than fans.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I''m surprised they aren't bringing the tour a little further south into San Diego or at least North County. A ton of people would come out to watch. And why not work in a mountain stage in the Sierras? Can you imagine a stage that went around Lake Tahoe...how cool would that be or in the front gate of Sequoia (sp) and up that killer climb to Morro Rock?
    But in the end I'm just glad we've got a big race in this country and in California. Now that's cool!
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert

RoadBikeReview Member
    Too much snow in the Sierras that time of year. Plus I think most of the riders aren't looking for something that killer that early in the season.

Good point about Southern California, but I think that all of the traffic is likely a reason we won't see it anytime soon. They do a FULL (not rolling) course closure for the race. It was really remarkable to watch. They had trouble enough doing it in areas that didn't have as much traffic as SoCal. If they closed roads down here it would probably be front page news in every newspaper and idiot motorists would be taking out anyone on two wheels for weeks as revenge for being 5 minutes late to the mall.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good point about the traffic. And yes, snow would probably add a little too much drama to that stage..lol
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert

I don't exist

So how long

Until we start to see great (parallel) stage races here in the US. Parallel in that they take place in the season, in conjunction with the Euro race season.

We have the TdeGa & TDeCa. Now we need to develop Stage races in Co, NY, Tx, Ky, Mi...

Just gotta keep Americans in Yellow by Paris.
    Rocket Sturgeon
    -2B1 Ask 1-
    Fast Stinky Fish
    in KY jelly