RoadBikeReview Member

Wind Vest for Bay to Bay MS ride?

Hi everyone. I will be riding in the Bay to Bay MS century ride on Oct. 16/17. I have never ridden down to San Diego via the PCH....but I hear it can get pretty windy. Just wondering how helpful a wind vest would be, versus just my jersey alone. Thanks.

Born from Jorts®
    Quote Originally Posted by Cni2i
    Hi everyone. I will be riding in the Bay to Bay MS century ride on Oct. 16/17. I have never ridden down to San Diego via the PCH....but I hear it can get pretty windy. Just wondering how helpful a wind vest would be, versus just my jersey alone. Thanks.
    get a (free) large Tyvek envelope from FedEx or USPS and cover your chest/stomach with it under your jersey if you get cold. Fold it up in your pocket if not.

Just Plain Bitter
    Newspapers have the same effect as what Hollywood recommends. Usually day one as it is early in the day is not windy on the first part of the course on PCH. If you are doing the century on day one you will hit wind on PCH on the way back to Carlsbad if you are coming in late in the afternoon. The wind on PCH can have an effect but is not that cold. Lowest it is going to get is mid 60's at 2-4PM in the afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now