RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010

'10 Tarmac Comp or wait for an '11??

local shop has a 10 Tarmac Comp for $2040 (the white/red/carbon frame), 105 group, overall probably far more bike than I will ever need... or save some extra bones for an 11 Comp... the pipe dream for me would be the '11 SL3 Expert but I'm afraid that is simply to far outta range for me...

what say ye??

let me caveat by saying this, it will be my first road bike since the very early 90's (a fuji touring 3 I got while in high school) and I'm kinda the type that like to be in that area around the break point of diminishing returns...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    I'd be tempted to grab the 2011 elite, cheaper and has the same frame as the comp models, you should be able to find it for $1800

that is only a good suggestion if you want the SRAM shifting though

the frames are both 8r, but the 2011 is the fact IS, construction vs the non IS of the 2010, on paper the 2011 is a better frame

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    sram vs shimano makes no difference to me... that is a good suggestion, the 11 elite in red is nice looking as well... hmm, might have to strike up a conversation with the LBS to see what they can do for me on that one... at least worth investigating the prices...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    http://issuu.com/jrun1974/docs/fact_whitepaper

here's specialized's white paper, that 2010 frame is a triple monocoque, and the 2011 is the "fact IS" which is supposedly better

banned
    Mar 2010
    hey man i'm looking to sell my 54cm 2010 tarmac comp w ultegra group set for $2200.. has about 650 miles on it. got it last march. I"m in NYC, let me know. thanks.
    dont mean to steal your thread or anything.

banned
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bonz50
    sram vs shimano makes no difference to me... that is a good suggestion, the 11 elite in red is nice looking as well... hmm, might have to strike up a conversation with the LBS to see what they can do for me on that one... at least worth investigating the prices...
    then you need to test ride a bike and figure out what you want. they are very different.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by adamssss
    hey man i'm looking to sell my 54cm 2010 tarmac comp w ultegra group set for $2200.. has about 650 miles on it. got it last march. I"m in NYC, let me know. thanks.
    dont mean to steal your thread or anything.

he could get a new 2010 comp for $2100 easy (although that's a 105 bike stock and your has some ultegra bits)

banned
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoe
    he could get a new 2010 comp for $2100 easy (although that's a 105 bike stock and your has some ultegra bits)
    yeah but i have the entire 6700 ultegra group set, fsa OS-99 stem, continental gp4000s tires, and i would give up the OEM tires(brand new) and stem. i would take $2100, i have no problem with that.

banned
    Dec 2009
    take the 2011 comp it has the new 5700 series 105's looks great also.