Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

2016 Specialized Venge?

127K views 493 replies 58 participants last post by  Timmy269 
#1 ·
#6 ·
that's not a new frame. and it's awful.
What are you basing that off of? If you have a link, can you post it?

The above picture has a brand new fork. The head tube is completely different than any other Venge that I have seen. The headset is different than the current duckbill headset thing that Specialized has on the current Venge. Seatpost is obviously new. The fairing behind the stem is obviously new. The downtube also looks dropped, as it is much closer to the front wheel.

If you have some solid information or a post why this is an old frame, please let me know. The expense for Specialized to do a one off mold for this with the new downtube, head tube, fork and seatpost just wouldn't make sense imo.

2015 Specialize Venge S-Works.

Above picture Specialized Venge S-Works

Looks at the differences at the front of the frame and fork.

#10 ·
The new picture definitely isn't the same frame as the current Venge. Whether or not that new picture is a legitimate photo of the new '16 Venge, we will just have to wait and see. But anyone that takes a moment to look can see they are different. Just look at the downtube/headtube/fork. Completely different frame. Not even close to being the same. And it isn't some optical allusion with the paint.

On that new picture, the downtube is one continuous line all the way into the head tube. On the old picture, the downtube straightends out flat as it becomes the bottom of the headtube. The forks are also completely different.

Again, who knows if this is really the new Venge or just some online photoshop that someone did and threw online.

#11 ·
hmmm... I see the subtly differences. I just over-layed images of both bikes in photoshop and there are some very small differences.

I still don't think it points to a 2016 Venge. I think its simply a 1 off they did... There's no way that Specialized would purposely post the "new" yet to released Venge that way.. When they bring a new one, it'll be a big deal, not some leaked barbie bike image on the Specialized women's account...

#12 ·
It looks like a custom job built from an the current frame. Thethe dropped downtube and fork were the hard part of the custom work. The rest is tacked on, no big deal.
Specialized wouldn't build something that looked like this, at least for production... the dropped downtube, yes. The fairing behind the stem? no.

#15 · (Edited)
https://instagram.com/p/08285KIpmO/

Supposedly it is a custom venge built for someone. That said, the post was about 4 weeks ago and could have been an april 1st thing like the selfie mount they posted as well.

I've been holding off making any further upgrades to my current venge just in case something drastic happens with the new one.

Another thing going against that being the new venge is that seatpost. I dont think that it would be uci legal (3 to 1 blahblabla) and isn't one of the selling points of the current venge that it is UCI legal?

How would they introduce a bike that wasnt UCI legal at one of the tours?

#17 ·
They can't. In fact the teams aren't even allowed to be in possession of ANY bike not approved by the UCI. Meaning not even on their trucks or whatever. If it isn't approved, it can not be on site or in their possession period.
Who said anything about any of the teams being in possession of that bike or racing it? You guys jump to conclusions so quickly...

#41 ·
Do you really not realize that the list you provided is proof of a new Venge? Why would they submit a several year old design for approval in November 2014? I know for certain something is coming. It sounds like we might have seen a glimpse of it sooner but a certain sprinter wasn't so committed to a certain classic due to illness. Now my big S guy has been pretty tight lipped about changes. It doesn't sound like they're reinventing the wheel but, then again, I don't think they need to. I love my Venge... ready for a touch more compliance in the rear though...

#31 ·
well, they have dallied long enough

D'alsusio said recently that they would have an exciting new bike this summer, but I guess not the Venge.
Doesn't matter to me now... Specialized has lost me by waiting this long for a Venge update, at least for this cycle of new frames, I went ahead and bought a 2015 Cervelo S5.

#33 ·
The S5 Cervelo is a nice bike, as is the S3 (and S2 for that matter). But none of these aero bikes have the feel and comfort of the Tarmac - at least to me. And with a rider on the bike, the aero frame advantage becomes all but moot. I've thought hard about getting an aero bike for my winters in Florida but, every time I try one I always come back saying that I will just keep riding my Tarmac. If I was a competitive racer then maybe I'd get one but, as a group rider its just not worth the tradeoff in feel and comfort to me. Each person is different though, and some think the Venge rides every bit as good as the Tarmac. More power to them. Nevertheless, I look forward to a new Venge - when that time eventually comes.

#39 ·
I live in the bay area and I saw what I think was Chris D'Aluisio riding an unmarked black bike a few weeks ago in Santa Cruz. I was in a car on a backroad, and saw him stop at a stop sign, before coming past my car. I am thinking this could have been the venge but I guess we will find out soon. I didn't get a great look at it, all I noticed was that the downtube had an interesting or weird cutout in it, almost like a Wilier cento crono. Can't wait to see what the next gen looks like.

#42 ·
Rumors I have heard about the new Venge: 1) wiring will be fully integrated (think Shiv), 2) it will be unveiled at the Tour, 3) there will be 2 geometries (1 that is better for crit racing with a higher bottom bracket), 4) frameset will cost $5000 USD (I imagine the frameset will have to include seatpost, stem and bars to be more aero and support the integrated cables). All of the above in unverified rumors (and some speculation).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.