RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012

2018 SW Tarmac Disc Availability

I've searched the forums, but didn't find anything relating to this, hence the new post. I was hoping the good people of the forum had some insight into the approximate release date/month of the 2018 SW Tarmac Disc.

I've read that it won't be released until CY18, but I'm seriously hoping that's a conservative estimate. Currently on a BMC RM01, which I like, but given the new SW Tarmac geometry, and the fact that it's supposed to be lighter, I'm chomping at the bits to be back on a Tarmac.

Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by boogermin View Post
    I've searched the forums, but didn't find anything relating to this, hence the new post. I was hoping the good people of the forum had some insight into the approximate release date/month of the 2018 SW Tarmac Disc.

I've read that it won't be released until CY18, but I'm seriously hoping that's a conservative estimate. Currently on a BMC RM01, which I like, but given the new SW Tarmac geometry, and the fact that it's supposed to be lighter, I'm chomping at the bits to be back on a Tarmac.

Thanks in advance.
    My LBS told me end of this month or first part of Oct. I'm waiting to order one. I've been sitting in an insurance bike claim since June.🤞

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not a climber
    I've barely seen even the rim brake versions in the wild or on Instagram. Lots of lightweight models showing up, but none of the other colors. Zero disc models either.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    @ SpecializedEurope today at the test day nobody was willing to say anything about the Tarmac disc availability. Focus on the non Disc only at the moment, since the discs are not yet the go to bike for any UCI race and also for example not adopted by the Dutch cycling association in any race (even not in club rides...)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk