MCF
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

6'5" and Roubaix Expert Triple?

I am 6'5" with a 36" pants inseam...I assume the 64cm size is the one for me? I currently ride a 61cm 2006 Lemond Alp D Huez with a 60.6cm TTL and 21cm head tube length. The 64cm Roubaix has a 61.5cm TTL and 25cm head tube length. I am currently running a 120 x 18 stem with 1.5" of spacers to get about 1" drop. Trying to minimize drop to less than an inch because I don't have the worlds best neck.....thanks!!

Looks like TTL is about 1/4" longer on Specialized, but I gain 1.6" in headtube length...which is a big plus. Guess if the 1/4" TTL affected me, I could adjust that via stem and or saddle position some...regardless, I assume I would be able to effectively eliminate almost all spacers or even have zero saddle to bar drop, correct?

Any thoughts, advise (except test riding of course) would be appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    I'm 6'4"+, 230, 36 inseam. Just put the first 500 miles on an 07 Roubaix Triple. So far, so good. Fit seems fine.

MCF
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

What size did you get??

Quote Originally Posted by MeSparks
    I'm 6'4"+, 230, 36 inseam. Just put the first 500 miles on an 07 Roubaix Triple. So far, so good. Fit seems fine.
    I assume a 61cm? I have a 38" inseam which is why I would have to go with a 64cm frame if I decide on the Specialized.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    I'm on a 61cm, correct. Just so there is no confusion, you're orig post said 36" inseam. If you are a 36" inseam, the 61cm should be OK. Of course, try before you buy.

If I recall correctly, the 64cm Roubaix is new this year?

MCF
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

Yes...64cm is new for this year...

Quote Originally Posted by MeSparks
    I'm on a 61cm, correct. Just so there is no confusion, you're orig post said 36" inseam. If you are a 36" inseam, the 61cm should be OK. Of course, try before you buy.

If I recall correctly, the 64cm Roubaix is new this year?
    My pants inseam is 36", but my measured inseam from floor to crotch per Wrench Science website is 38" so a 64cm MAY be the only size that will fit me...1" longer seat tube, 1/3" longer effective top tupe, and 1" taller head tube than my current ride...I have a shop that will order one for me no risk to test ride....I will do that before I make any purchase.