RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013

Diff between 2017 Comp and Sport

Was looking at the new comp for it's shock absorbing features. Wrote in a previous post I have bad neck pain, and my current comp is set up for me to be in the most upright position as possible. Shortest stem, angled up , slight tilt up in handlebars.

I don't need the disc brakes, it looks like the sport has has the new shock absorbing seatpost, but not the headset. At least from the pics on my dealers website.

The sport is going at 1880, the comp at 3400. Can I add the new headset to the sport. It is almost half the price...

Crank Addict
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
    Was looking at the new comp for it's shock absorbing features. Wrote in a previous post I have bad neck pain, and my current comp is set up for me to be in the most upright position as possible. Shortest stem, angled up , slight tilt up in handlebars.

I don't need the disc brakes, it looks like the sport has has the new shock absorbing seatpost, but not the headset. At least from the pics on my dealers website.

The sport is going at 1880, the comp at 3400. Can I add the new headset to the sport. It is almost half the price...
    I'm assuming you're talking about the Roubaix...

No, you can't add the new headset, at least I don't think you can. The Sport is the old model, the Roubaix SL4. You didn't mention what year your Comp is, but if its less than 3 years old, its probably the same frame as the 2017 Sport. If you want the headset, the cheapest model that offers that is the elite.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/me...x-elite/115487

www.Crankaddicts.cc

www.skratchlabs.com
    www.hilltopbicycles.com

2015 S-Works DSW Allez
    2015 Specialized Venge Pro
    2016 Specialized Fatboy Comp

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    While I'm sure that it could have been designed in a way where it could be installed in the old frame it is highly unlikely that it was done that way. In a business sense it wouldn't be very good if their new bike could be replicated by people just buying a new fork as that would likely eat into the sales of the new one.

That said, if the idea works well enough and catches on I'm sure someone will at some point come up with an aftermarket fork with similar function.