RoadBikeReview Member

DT Axis 3.0 wheels

I wonder if I should change out the DT Axis wheels that came on the Roubaix, for a set of Fulcrum 5s that I have already.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted a ham sandwich or a turkey sandwich when I was making my lunch this morning. I went with peanut butter and Jelly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolm4 View Post
    I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted a ham sandwich or a turkey sandwich when I was making my lunch this morning. I went with peanut butter and Jelly.
    Did you make a thread about it, link?

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by George M View Post
    I wonder if I should change out the DT Axis wheels that came on the Roubaix, for a set of Fulcrum 5s that I have already.
    you won't know if it's worth it until you try it.
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite upgraded with 32T cassette and does not have Stan's (yet)
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded with 36T cassette and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless. Considering a 1x10 upgrade
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra upgraded to 32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    2008/2009 Burton T6 156cm with Burton Triad Bindings & DC Judge boots

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    I did not like the DT Swiss Axis 3 tires at all. Switch them out as I don't know if u could do worse.

RoadBikeReview Member
    <------ NOT a fan of the stock wheels!!!
    "Those who like it, like it A LOT!"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    If the wheels have DT hubs then I probably wouldn't change them. DT hubs are known for being really good high quality.

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieman View Post
    If the wheels have DT hubs then I probably wouldn't change them. DT hubs are known for being really good high quality.
    Specialized, AFAIK, the hubs are derived from the DT 240 design.... differences? Dunno. But all I know, it's not an off the shelf DT 240
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite upgraded with 32T cassette and does not have Stan's (yet)
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded with 36T cassette and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless. Considering a 1x10 upgrade
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra upgraded to 32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    2008/2009 Burton T6 156cm with Burton Triad Bindings & DC Judge boots

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I have DT axis 4.0 and while the hubs are not bad, the build itself sucks. No lateral stiffness and go out of true way too fast.